2 Point 4 Children DVDs

I really think the final the last 5 series of 2 Point 4 Children should be released on DVD. Eureka Video released the first 3 series but they suddenly stopped releasing them which I think is really unfair on all the fans like myself who wants to collect every series. It really annoys me when DVD distributors start releasing a series and then don't bother releasing the rest. I really think the last 5 series should be released sometime as these were the best series. At its peak it got an audience rating of more than 13-14 million. Series 4-8 are definatley the funniest series. I really do think they should be released and deserve to be released. All fans who agree with me reply to this thread. Then hopefully we might be able to get the last few series released if the BBC realise how popular it is. Come on fans send a reply to this thread. If anyone has any ideas or information about the last few series getting released. Post a reply on here. Plus any ideas you have go ahead a try them. Every bit helps. Contact the BBC or anything just try to pursuade the BBC or some sort of DVD distributor to release the remaing series.

Many Thanks

Definitely in agreement here! It's absolutely BONKERS the rubbish they release, whilst letting sheer genius waste away in the archives! Angry

Quite a few shows have started to be released, and then stopped. We've got Birds of a Feather, which only made series one, and 4 of the 5 series' of Keeping Up Appearances too!

The case of 'Allo 'Allo! gives fans some hope though. After the first 4 (of 9) series being released by Universal Playback, there has been nothing for a good few years. Finally though, the BBC have announced that they will be releasing series 5, so with any luck the rest will come before too much longer.

So yes, again, I'm definitely with you on this one!

I have emailed both Eureka and Prism leisure and Eureka informs me that the BBC will be releasing series 4-8 of 2Point Children in 2007. Prism leisure said that they hope to be able to release further series of Birds Of A Feather in the future but at present do not have the rights to them.

Also the last series of Keeping Up Appearances will be released on Dec 26th (the same day as Allo Allo series 5 part 2)

I agree too. We have reality TV shows on DVD like Big brother and that ITV island one, but they cease releasing the Sitcoms after a couple of series. I have just today recieved series 5 of One foot in the grave and saw a release date for series 6 though, so I'm happy about that.

A series on DVD that I would really like to see would be Birds of a feather.

Have you seen the petition for the release of further series of Birds Of A Feather on DVD? If not the link is http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?BOAFDVD&1

No I hadn't seen that. Thank you for the link, I've signed it. I hope it helps to get a release.

Quote: Mike88 @ August 19, 2006, 2:22 PM

I have emailed both Eureka and Prism leisure and Eureka informs me that the BBC will be releasing series 4-8 of 2Point Children in 2007. Prism leisure said that they hope to be able to release further series of Birds Of A Feather in the future but at present do not have the rights to them.

Also the last series of Keeping Up Appearances will be released on Dec 26th (the same day as Allo Allo series 5 part 2)

Ah! Mike, thank you so much for that news, it's made my day! :)

No problem. Thought I might as well share the good news. There is also a rumour circulation that once Revelation have finished releasing Goodnight Sweetheart they will start on Birds Of A Feather as they had a meeting recently wiith Marks and Gran. But this is just pure rumour.

The exact replies I recieved were :

from Eureka

We have no plans to release the remaining series.

It will be the BBC sometime next year.

from Prism Leisure

Unfortunately we only have the license for the DVD that we currently have available. We regularly receive enquiries about the rest of the series and are hopeful that we will be offered further episodes at some time in the future

Quote: Aaron @ August 19 2006, 2:49 AM BST

Definitely in agreement here! It's absolutely BONKERS the rubbish they release, whilst letting sheer genius waste away in the archives! Angry

Quite a few shows have started to be released, and then stopped. We've got Birds of a Feather, which only made series one, and 4 of the 5 series' of Keeping Up Appearances too!

The case of 'Allo 'Allo! gives fans some hope though. After the first 4 (of 9) series being released by Universal Playback, there has been nothing for a good few years. Finally though, the BBC have announced that they will be releasing series 5, so with any luck the rest will come before too much longer.

So yes, again, I'm definitely with you on this one!

I Agree Very Much with you on that one Aaron

Is that a BCG record for a bumped thread?

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 22 2013, 9:45 PM BST

Is that a BCG record for a bumped thread?

Laughing out loud

Only realised how old this was when I saw your comment.

(Waits to be greyed out like my hair)

George is clever. Be resurrecting this prehistoric thread he shows that it's never too late bring back things. Maybe a good sign for the 2 Point 4 Children DVD release.

Did they ever release the DVDs?

No, nothing yet.

I have been reading through Simply Media's Facebook page to see if anyone's requested this series. It has been requested to Simply Media and they are apparently investigating to see if it's a title that they would be able to release. That was last summer and nothing's been said since. If it ever gets released I would think it would be the complete series set rather than individual series.