Need some help re: Only Fools And Horses

Hello

I was talking to my dad about the Christmas cracker episode from the first series. Del and Rodney go into a pub, order half a pint and a cocktail and pay 98p. I asked my dad if it really was that cheap back then and his reply was that only fools and horses was set in the 1960s. Surely this can't be true as they play 80s songs in the pubs and the tv shows they watch are 80s.
Am I right or is he right?

thank you

You are correct, he is most certainly not.

Thank you

Yup! .. I believe the main episodes started in 1981, the 60's is only "slightly" out!! *chuckles*

HELP I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES YUPPY LOVE FROM SEASON 6 I THINK, BUT I WANT THE UNEDITED SCENE INCLUDED WHERE THEIR ALL AT THE NIGHT SPOT, WHERE CAN I BUY IT OR SEE IT ECT?

Quote: dizzy starshine @ December 22 2006, 2:40 AM GMT

Hello

I was talking to my dad about the Christmas cracker episode from the first series. Del and Rodney go into a pub, order half a pint and a cocktail and pay 98p. I asked my dad if it really was that cheap back then and his reply was that only fools and horses was set in the 1960s. Surely this can't be true as they play 80s songs in the pubs and the TV shows they watch are 80s.
Am I right or is he right?

thank you

A pint of beer in the Cattle Market pub in York, now demolished, was 47p in late 1982. At the Brown Cow it was 50p and at most other places it was 55p. In Croydon at that time, it was in the region of 65p-75p. Cocktails were 99p. My family were in flats in the same area as the Trotters - in fact their blue cabinet was identical to one we owned - but I've no knowledge of the pubs there. As the first series was set in 1981, in an ordinary part of London, I'd say that the prices were on the bargain side of about right. Hope this helps.

Quote: Horseradish @ July 18 2013, 11:22 PM BST

I'd say that the prices were on the bargain side of about right. Hope this helps.

That

In the 1960s it would have probably cost 2/6.

They didn't have 98p then.

Quote: Chappers @ July 19 2013, 12:07 AM BST

In the 1960s it would have probably cost 2/6.

They didn't have 98p then.

Thither