New Look BBC3? Page 2

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 13, 2008, 11:01 AM

I'd just like to see more comedy/entertainment aimed at those of us in our 30's +, who are too old to see the genius of 'Grownups' and too young to think there's been nothing funny since Del Boy fell through the bar.

And I think writers who would serve that audience are being passed over...

Captain, my captain!

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 13, 2008, 11:01 AM

I'd just like to see more comedy/entertainment aimed at those of us in our 30's +, who are too old to see the genius of 'Grownups' and too young to think there's been nothing funny since Del Boy fell through the bar.

And I think writers who would serve that audience are being passed over...

Do you think what's good really varies if you compared an intelligent 18 year old, to an intelligent 38 year old?

I hate all this age group shit that channel come out with.

God forbid they just make something funny and clever and just say 'Whoever you are, just watch this!'

I'm not in the least trying to be ageist one way or the other. I would say that what I found funny at 6 years old, at 13 years old, at 18, 25, 30 has changed somewhat. I'd also point out that an intelligent person doesn't necessarily enjoy or 'get' what I'd call intelligent comedy.

I'd like to see a show that really reflects the frustrations of missed opportunities and the ennui that a lot of us (certainly me) feel as we get into our thirties. In fact, that's the kind of thing I'm working on right now.

I'd like to see a show where I have sex with loads of beautiful woman, in fact I'm working on that right now.

Quote: David Chapman @ February 13, 2008, 12:01 PM

I know I'm supposedly trying to get the radio sketch show together (Somebody help me!) but why doesn't someone (No - definitely not me) co-ordinate something and maybe just talk to them. Get them to look at this site. There really is some good material here that needs o see the light of day

People do read this site. Analyse that as you wish. :)

Quote: Leevil @ February 13, 2008, 2:09 PM

I'd like to see a show where I have sex with loads of beautiful woman, in fact I'm working on that right now.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 13, 2008, 1:54 PM

I'm not in the least trying to be ageist one way or the other. I would say that what I found funny at 6 years old, at 13 years old, at 18, 25, 30 has changed somewhat.

I don't think my sense of humour's changed much since I was 10. I still like all the same comedians.

When I was that age I used to love 'Mind Your Language', so...

Maybe they need to rebrand it like UKTV did when they called their lad's channel Dave.

Looking at BBC Three's stuff they could call it: Two Repeats of Lager and a Package of Shite.

One's sense of humour does change over the years. I remember after watching Carry On Soldier at the cinema I was still doubled up laughing when I was waiting for a bus. I laughed so much I peed and made a large yellow pattern in the snow, I just couldn't hold it any longer.
About ten years ago it was on TV and I couldn't wait to see it again. It didn't even make me chuckle. I recall being quite gutted at that and that my humour must have changed totally.
I used to laugh at smutty jokes then, too but don't really like them any more

I also think that so much of the good old stuff gets copied into current stuff so you end feeling like you've seen that joke a hundred times, when in fact it could have been the first one to do it.

I watched it (whilst flicking to the supreme film True Lies). I think someone needs to tell that organisation to stop pissing our money up the wall, I mean "Animals having Sex", WTF? I can watch it on Youtube (if I'm that way inclined), and I don't have to pay a fricking license fee.

This is why I get really f**king annoyed with the BBC - They commission absolute bullshit, make it out that in their warped universe its somehow funny, and then get iffy if you suggest the smallest possibility that their shows are shit.

Someone needs to go in and sort that place out.

While analysing everything you do almost lose your sense of humour but I still love the Carry Ons, St Trinians etc.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 13, 2008, 4:03 PM

When I was that age I used to love 'Mind Your Language', so...

A great programme. :)

Quote: ContainsNuts @ February 13, 2008, 4:13 PM

Maybe they need to rebrand it like UKTV did when they called their lad's channel Dave.

Ooh, they'll be upset now. It's not a lads' channel!

Quote: bushbaby @ February 13, 2008, 4:16 PM

I remember after watching Carry On Soldier at the cinema

Do you mean Carry On England?

More likely Carry on Sergeant? Carry on England is one of my candidates for worst comedy film on another thread. But I haven't seen ...Emmanuelle or ...Columbus.

yeah, that's it Badge...Carry on Sergeant...my memory tut