Toast of London

This is good news. Pilot was very funny. https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001052/

Dan

I just watched that clip. It's pretty funny!

Hurrah, I loved the pilot :)

I wasn't keen on the pilot for those of you that did. Good News!

The title's the only good thing about this. Well that and the fact that if that pilot can get a sitcom commissiond on a major channel then there is hope for all of us. In theory.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 16 2013, 10:15 AM GMT

The title's the only good thing about this. Well that and the fact that if that pilot can get a sitcom commissioned on a major channel then there is hope for all of us. In theory.

Pilots have meant shows have been commissioned for decades, Kipper. Not quite sure what you're trying to say.

It's another show about "behind the scenes of TV". Usually, they are a bit reliant on guest stars, of limited appeal. Not that limited appeal is always a bad thing, of course.

I mean that particular pilot getting a series made, if it has, though I'm not that surprised, being it's C4. I'm pretty sure it must be the two writers' strong ascociation with them that's done it, that and C4 being known for making quirkier sitcoms and taking a few risks. Not a bad sitcom situation but the style was hideous, with that juddery camera direction and silly CBB type visuals welded onto a loud adult humour audio track. >_< Viz does this sort of thing much better than TV.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 16 2013, 5:58 PM GMT

I mean that particular pilot getting a series made, if it has, though I'm not that surprised, being it's C4. I'm pretty sure it must be the two writers' strong ascociation with them that's done it, that and C4 being known for making quirkier sitcoms and taking a few risks. Not a bad sitcom situation but the style was hideous, with that juddery camera direction and silly CBB type visuals welded onto a loud adult humour audio track. >_< Viz does this sort of thing much better than TV.

Or maybe people enjoyed it.

I did for one.

Absolutely loved it, glad it's been commissioned! Can see how it wouldn't be to everyone's taste though.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 16 2013, 10:15 AM GMT

The title's the only good thing about this. Well that and the fact that if that pilot can get a sitcom commissiond on a major channel then there is hope for all of us. In theory.

The only problem is getting a Pilot made.

Chuffed to see that this has started filming now. Looking forward to the series.

Wow, Arthur Mathews, Berry sitcom? Totally missed this! :)

Off to watch the pilot now. Good to hear anyways, regardless of whether I like it or not.

Edit: Watching it now, and I really do think this would've worked better as a classic studio sitcom.