The Royle Family

The Royle Family Album - Complete Collection

£9.99 today only

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate.do?&pPageID=2982

Free postage!

RRP £49.99

That is well worth the money, thanks for telling us.

Bloody hell!
Not that I want it, but hmv are doing some good bargains recently.

I did see The Royle Family Album - Complete Collection in tesco's
for £20.00.

Quote: zooo @ December 9, 2007, 12:11 PM

Bloody hell!
Not that I want it, but hmv are doing some good bargains recently.

Ditto. Always worth keeping an eye out though, and of course price-checking!

A review on Amazon . .

I hate this series with it's 70s/early 80s sentiments and brain dead,sloth like caricatures.I am sure middle class fans will talk about the "nuances",how it captures the realism of working class life,a microcosm of couch potato inertia.Whilst the kebab crowd will celebrate the obese,biscuit dunkin mirror it holds up.Ricky Tomlinson in real method mode as Jim is hideous,that bulbous nose,pathetic hyena laugh...disgusting.The rest of them are equally putrid Mrs.Merton and her slack jawed vacant dunce boyfriend and the voice of Asda Ralf "i'm a bit indie"Little.How people sit through this turgid rubbish is beyond me,kinda like Alan Bennett slurping super tenants.I despise class genre comedy whether it the truly repulsive Belsize Parked Outnumbered with its gross bratty,precocious kids or the chav attired crudity of 2 Pints Of Lager.The only difference in viewer ships is their annual income.A red wine slurping slipper wearing Guardian reader is as foul as a trackie wearing ginster pie munching asbo wielding statistic.The exception to my genre rule is obviously Only Fools And Horses,a comedy that affords its working class characters pathos,aspirations and heart.The Royle Family are the check out clogging stuff of Daily Mails nightmares.The programme is profoundly offensive,yet another example of the working class being nothing more then lobotomised family fortunes viewers.There are many,many working class families out there who work hard,pay their way,bring their children up well and actually read books....just awful.Buy a decent comedy set.Please.

So, you didn't like it then?

Ha ha ha. Oh deary me.

Is this true they are bringing the series back?

Quite possibly. Does anyone know when they will release a complete collection of it?

Quote: David Smith @ July 9 2013, 7:33 PM BST

Quite possibly. Does anyone know when they will release a complete collection of it?

It comes out on 9th September, David - https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_royle_family/buy/

Quote: george roper @ July 9 2013, 7:29 PM BST

Is this true they are bringing the series back?

You're jumping the gun a little. There are likely (not definitely) to be more specials.

You can't say it is coming back unless the BBC says which they have not.

Quote: David Smith @ July 9 2013, 7:50 PM BST

You can't say it is coming back unless the BBC says which they have not.

The BBC have said that the show may return for further specials but not at Christmas but nothing as of yet has been planned!

But they haven't confirmed it though so who knows what is going to happen. They might scrap the Royle Family.

Quote: David Smith @ July 9 2013, 7:52 PM BST

But they haven't confirmed it though so who knows what is going to happen. They might scrap the Royle Family.

It says it here, David. Somebody from the beeb has confirmed it may return, so you're right nobody knows but after 2012's awful special, I personally think it would be best for it not to return! https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001197/absolutely_fabulous_royal_famliy_may_return/