Sitcom recommendations Page 4

Quote: Maurice Moss @ July 5 2013, 7:24 AM BST

@George, that screen is from?

Trigger Happy TV.

@Aaron - one IMDB review says The Detectives is more of a toilet humour kinda sitcom? That sort of put me off tbh.

Err ... IMDb is full of morons. Again/as always.

And US sitcoms, absolutely NOT.

I agree with this on principle, but 'Seinfeld' is an absolute exception. You really don't want to miss out on that one. (I also still have a special place in my heart for 'Get Smart' as well, classic Mel Brooks!)

And I second Aaron's comments about 'The Detectives', definitely one to be checked out.

And FWIW, I too think it would be worth your while checking out Seinfeld. It's true that it's American and thus will lack some of the cultural identification, but it possesses a lot of the 'silly' sensibilities you're looking for, Maurice.

Shameless?

Literally the exact opposite of what he's looking for.

Quote: David Smith @ July 5 2013, 2:00 PM BST

Shameless?

And absolutely no sitcoms with proper stories or wishy washy BS or stuff like that people.

Quote: Aaron @ July 5 2013, 12:27 PM BST

Err ... IMDb is full of morons. Again/as always.

Well, loving the first two episodes so far! Exactly the kinda recommendation I was looking for :D

:) Glad to hear it.

AND you learned not to pay attention to the fools who comment on IMDb. Double-bonus! :D

Seeing as I've not posted for ages I thought I'd throw in a few suggestions. It's a sketch show but try Absolutely: very surreal character based sketch show from the early 90s. And once you finish it, watch the spin-off sitcom Mr Don And Mr George, which may be one of the most surreal sitcoms ever broadcast (you'll find both on 4OD).

Also try Sean's Show, brilliantly underrated sitcom full of surreal humour and breaking of the fourth wall (in fact the fourth wall pretty much doesn't exist with this show).

Yeah two great shouts there. I'm watching the Absolutely box set at the moment for the umpteenth time right now.

Didn't know about the spin-off! Will check Amazon in a sec...

And I'm gutted it looks as though Sean's Show Series 2 isn't likely to get a DVD release - the first series was ace.

Oh damn...

Mr Don And Mr George is only available on VHS...

Absolutely is alright, but nothing great to keep me hooked. Unlike the NTNOCN.

So the sitcoms that I found really funny are The Detectives followed by Colin's Sandwich, in that order.

Quote: Maurice Moss @ July 7 2013, 5:01 PM BST

Absolutely is alright, but nothing great to keep me hooked. Unlike the NTNOCN.

So the sitcoms that I found really funny are The Detectives followed by Colin's Sandwich, in that order.

Glad you found Colin's Sandwich tasty. :)

Going back to sketch shows for a mo', did you see any of this?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/peter_serafinowicz_show/

That's "Tex"!

What about I'm Alan Partridge or Last of the Summer Wine.

No @George, I missed that, will check it out. TY!

@G180, I've mentioned I love AP already, haven't I? This country. Will check out Last of the Summer - but got a bizzare feeling that it's more story oriented sitcom like the Likely Lads with lots of bonding moments etc? I'm not looking for such sitcoms.