Steptoe And Son Page 6

It's treated as a "normal" episode; as if it were episode 1.

Oh right. Also apparently the hated each other when they were alive. But I saw they liked each other though?

They did not hate each other. They weren't quite best friends, but as usual the media blew the truth out of all proportion.

Quote: Aaron @ March 25 2013, 7:46 PM GMT

They did not hate each other. They weren't quite best friends, but as usual the media blew the truth out of all proportion.

Even in them days...

I was watching the episode "Loathe Story" the other day. I think it was by far the worst episode yet. The only clunker in 7 series imo. Harold at the psychiatrist telling "funny" episodes of his life. Such "funny flashbacks"-episodes are often a sign of the writers running out of enough stories for a series. The episode was only notable for (a very good looking) Joanna Lumley. I was surprised she wasn't credited before the other one off characters. Wasn't she so famous back then as she is nowadays?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 11 2013, 11:39 AM BST

The episode was only notable for (a very good looking) Joanna Lumley. I was surprised she wasn't credited before the other one off characters. Wasn't she so famous back then as she is nowadays?

No. She was known, but the role that really brought her to fame as an actress was still almost 5 years away.

Classic sitcom, not in my top 20 though. Very enjoyable.

The Swedish version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxjliXkqM6Y

Will Cam, you are a pathetic little dumburken!

Quote: Aaron @ November 7 2006, 1:16 PM GMT

It's on UKTV Gold and UKTV Drama sometimes. They're not showing it at the moment, but when they do it tends to be on fairly consistently for a while.
The movies don't quite do the show justice, no, but they are still damn good, and two of the top sitcom movies.

Regarding DVDs, series' 1 - 5 of 8 are currently available, and seem to be released every few months. :)

disappointing thing about the movies is that they copied scenes/gags from the series at times.

I never has seen them be repeated on UKTV Drama I thought it was just Gold. It is a shame they don't repeat the movies on TV like they do with other sitcom films.

This is the Portuguese version which has the same theme tune, very similar sets and seems to have followed the original scripts. Of course I can't understand a bastard word they say!

http://youtu.be/tSArY7piqLE

I'm currently finishing my S & S boxset. I saw this scene in one of the last episodes:

I didn't recognise Patricia Routledge during the episode, read her name in the end credits and was surprised.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ July 5 2013, 1:40 PM BST

I'm currently finishing my S & S boxset. I saw this scene in one of the last episodes:

I didn't recognise Paricia Routledge during the episode, read her name in the end credits and was surprised.

I noticed this when I first got the boxset you can spot her straight away :)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 19 2013, 6:15 PM BST

Will Cam, you are a pathetic little dumburken!

Two internet forum users trapped into a relationship. And they can't leave.

Hmm...needs something. Has either of you thought of getting a horse...?