Children's Sketch Shows?

Seriously, I missed out on "Sorry I've got No Head" and "Horrible Histories" - just because they were branded as children's shows. Watched a few clips and they both seem awesome! Now watching SIGNH :)

Have no idea why these are called children's sketch shows, though? I mean do children even "get" many of these stuff? Just curious.

Because they're made for children and broadcast by children's channels. But the creators realised that just because you're writing for kids it doesn't mean you have to patronise or put any less effort in.

Kids get far more than most adults realise.

Oh yeah, not to underestimate kids or anything, but some of the jokes left me wonder if they'd get it that's all. I wouldn't have, at my age, that's for sure :)

And yeah, surprisingly classier than most of the trash you get these days - made me really LOL :)

Quote: Aaron @ June 29 2013, 6:08 PM BST

and broadcast buy children's channels.

:O

Quote: Maurice Moss @ June 29 2013, 6:15 PM BST

Oh yeah, not to underestimate kids or anything, but some of the jokes left me wonder if they'd get it that's all. I wouldn't have, at my age, that's for sure :)

And yeah, surprisingly classier than most of the trash you get these days - made me really LOL :)

Inherent to these shows is that some kids won't get some jokes. Just like in any other comedy really. But the extra layers are what makes the parents not want to kill everyone involved. :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 29 2013, 6:17 PM BST

:O

Thanks. Phone.

Does anyone remember Your Mother Wouldn't Like It? made by stage school brats/kids?

Yes, also 'Play Away' and 'Fast Forward'.
Not a sketch show but I also liked 'Why Don't You' - a telly show urging kids to switch off their telly and go out and do something less boring instead. Cool.