The Bounder Page 2

I only really know about The Bounder because the excellent Peter De Lane directed some episodes. "Peter Bowles is such a wonderful actor. One never knows if he's going to give you posh with a moustache or... "

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ June 28 2013, 3:23 PM BST

Wouldn't mind watching this but I'll not fork out money for something that could be rubbish. Not sure why ITV can't show it on one of theirs. Didn't they recently rerun OWIL? Never seen a glimmer of it in 30 years, which I find odd, with Cole and Bowles being in it.

No idea, don't live in the country so don't have the luxury of repeats even if they do occur. You have to take a gamble sometimes but I have faith in Jack's opinion.

I've watched some of the first episodes, and, despite the great actors... the series, whose sole purpose is to make me cringe all episode long, just does not work :(
And, yes, like it was said... frustrating :)

Just got this and seen the first four episodes. Not laugh a minute but entertaining enough. Lacks the one-liners of Rising Damp, but Bowles and Cole were brilliant and Bowles in particular gives a very energetic performance.

Quote: chipolata @ 28th June 2013, 9:17 PM BST

I only really know about The Bounder because the excellent Peter De Lane directed some episodes. "Peter Bowles is such a wonderful actor. One never knows if he's going to give you posh with a moustache or... "

Oh, Peter De Lane:

"As the Judge said to me - Mr De Lane, you leave this court without a stain on your character."

The main thing I recall about The Bounder was the theme tune, which was Winter from Vivaldi's Four Seasons if my memory serves we right?