10 O'Clock Live - Series 3 Page 6

What was last week's segment about again?

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ June 11 2013, 9:00 PM BST

What was last week's segment about again?

The terrorist attack I think.

I see this has been moved to half past ten tonight. Good f**king going C4. You'd think a show with the time it's on in the title wouldn't get moved around the schedule :)

A surprisingly funny episode to end the series. Brooker's Newswipe-light is (predictably) good, pretty much every week, and the round-table discussions have been greatly improved with more time and breathing space. But the format still feels like it's yet to really find its feet, and the horrendous bias exhibited (mainly by Laverne) is utterly tiring and boring.

I think it's good to have a topical satire broadcasting - heck, it'd be nice if there were one all year-round - but this particular one still has flaws after 33 episodes.

I liked the series.

I think Mitchell shone out as the most consistently entertaining element in this show. Brooker and Carr were both good, but Brooker's contribution was patchy, and Carr's admittedly competent gags somewhat unexciting for my tastes.

After suffering a few minutes, I admit to now always fast-forwarding over the fake-American reporting bit.

I definitely muted the Kayvan Novak part. Don't enjoy that at all.

Quote: zooo @ June 13 2013, 2:49 PM BST

I definitely muted the Kayvan Novak part. Don't enjoy that at all.

The key to maximising your enjoyment is knowing when to edit out the dross.

Quote: Nogget @ June 13 2013, 2:37 PM BST

I liked the series.

I think Mitchell shone out as the most consistently entertaining element in this show. Brooker and Carr were both good, but Brooker's contribution was patchy, and Carr's admittedly competent gags somewhat unexciting for my tastes.

After suffering a few minutes, I admit to now always fast-forwarding over the fake-American reporting bit.

Agree with you about the American bit, really jarred with me. Mitchell was the best part of it, consistently funny and the only one quick enough to really think on his feet during live television. They really should just give him an hour long discussion show along the lines of his segment, I for one would tune in.

Pat Putterson was definitely a bad idea. Somebody f**ked up. If they thought they were getting the new Ali G they were wrong.

Really enjoyed the last episode and the series as a whole was good. As already said, Mitchell was brilliant and Brooker showed quality as well. They should definitely remove the sketch bit for good and maybe bring back Listen to Mitchell or allow more time for the 4 of them to just chat away. Lauren is best left conducting the whole show (which it needs, seeing how the other three tend to descend into an endless joke) and trying gags as little as possible. Hope it gets renewed for a new series.

Totally in favour of Mitchell getting his own discussion show.

Still think this could do well if it was not live and had a decent editor. There's good stuff in there, but the inconsistency and lulls are crippling.

...and they need someone to fix the studio lighting rig, which keeps exploding.