New Girl Page 7

Ah yes, maybe.
I do love a 'teaching creative writing to adults' storyline. (It's in a surprising number of films.)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 11 2013, 9:25 PM BST

Why is there only about three people who post in this thread? This show is one of the funnest around!

It's the sort of thing which fails to bake my fun-buns, I'm afraid. I gave up on it ages ago, tried it again after reading the intermittent enthusiasm on here, and lasted 8 minutes before giving up again, stony-faced and somewhat baffled as to why seeing Zooey waving a rifle around and shooting out the electrics might raise a smile.

Does we need to watch a few episodes to 'get it'?

Maybe! Or maybe it's just not for you.
I actually found the gun waving part rather annoying and silly.

Quote: zooo @ June 13 2013, 2:50 PM BST

I actually found the gun waving part rather annoying and silly.

What might be a good episode to find a 'way in'?

Gawd, I'm not sure... It took me maybe 4 episodes to start loving it, but I'm not sure if that's because it was a grower or because the first few eps of series 1 weren't as good.

I thought last nights episode was good but predictable when it came to the "swapping partners".

I think Schmidt ordering crack was hilarious.

Quote: zooo @ June 13 2013, 3:00 PM BST

Gawd, I'm not sure... It took me maybe 4 episodes to start loving it, but I'm not sure if that's because it was a grower or because the first few eps of series 1 weren't as good.

I think the first 4 to 6 episodes aren't too great (all the boys basically don't get personality until this point), so about half way through the first season is probably a good place to start.

Must admit I probably enjoy the Scmidt storylines more than any other. I particularly liked last week when he teamed up with his ex rival to try and win back whatshername.

Yowza.

A poor episode. There were some nice moments, and I like the Ross & Rachel style shenanigans, but far too much of it was just people running around shouting at each other. The coat stuff was funny, mind.

The bit where she was being 'kooky' at home on her own was rather annoying. But I liked the rest, especially the kiss stuff.
I also liked Schmidt saying the English guy wasn't English.

Quote: zooo @ July 3 2013, 12:11 PM BST

The bit where she was being 'kooky' at home on her own was rather annoying. But I liked the rest, especially the kiss stuff.
I also liked Schmidt saying the English guy wasn't English.

Yeah, there was definitely funny stuff (the English line was great), but for me there was a bit too much ADHD dashing about and shouting.

This premiered a new season 2 weeks ago and 2 episodes already into season 3 and I must say it's lost its charm a bit to me, but it's still entertaining.

Enjoying this in a mildly enjoyable way. Like have on in the background type comedy.