Community Page 10

I fell in love with season 3, thought it was a brilliantly-constructed piece of story-telling, not just comedy. Season 4 felt like the new writer's re-hashed whatever joke's they saw were popular. It had it's moments, but they always felt like the safe option.

Glad to see Harmon back to shake things up again.

Never been so happy about being wrong! His return is all down to Joel McHale apparently.

Yeah I saw him tweet that the other day. Great to see him back. Doubt Chevy'll return though

I just can't seem to get into this despite giving it multiple chances. I've barely made it through halfway 2nd season, and I don't like the format at all. It's not terrible or anything, I can see why many love this, but not my cup of tea. Too many "warm" moments for my liking.

Community has a format?!

For the dwindling legion of non Pirate 's
Series 4 started on the Sony TV channel today

I watched the first two episodes last night and did not like it at all.

I didn't hear many jokes, just a lot of sassy, snappy dialogue, which felt decidedly WRITTEN. It reminded me a lot of Scrubs, which isn't a good thing. Too clever by half, not 'true', mawkish and unearned sentimentality. Unrelatable, unbelievable, unsympathetic characters, especially the main guy - what's his name, Jeff? I suppose one man's wisecracking scamp is another man's smug arsehole. The episodes feel far too short to zoom through crisis, resolution and change, and the journey is just not funny enough.

I suppose, in general, I didn't feel like this was trying hard enough to make me laugh. It was far too pleased with itself.

Quote: MCharsley @ October 15 2013, 9:27 AM BST

I watched the first two episodes last night and did not like it at all.

I didn't hear many jokes, just a lot of sassy, snappy dialogue, which felt decidedly WRITTEN. It reminded me a lot of Scrubs, which isn't a good thing. Too clever by half, not 'true', mawkish and unearned sentimentality. Unrelatable, unbelievable, unsympathetic characters, especially the main guy - what's his name, Jeff? I suppose one man's wisecracking scamp is another man's smug arsehole. The episodes feel far too short to zoom through crisis, resolution and change, and the journey is just not funny enough.

I suppose, in general, I didn't feel like this was trying hard enough to make me laugh. It was far too pleased with itself.

You need to carry on past that, it's not the show it ends up being right at the start. And it gets very funny.

Maybe. I didn't like Parks and Recreation at first but I found that warmed up at some point during the third season. My other half enjoyed it so I may have no choice but to persevere.

Really it doesn't turn into Community until the Scorsese chicken fingers episode.

*researches*

That's 19 episodes away! Shall I just skip them?

Naah, it still has its moments and there's still a bunch of character development (probably Troy most noticeably),but in terms of really f**king with the standard sitcom format that's the one where they start getting inventive.

Aww, asterisks. How cute.

Sony TV UK (Sky 157 & virgin 193) are screening seasons 2-4 in their entirety starting on 18 November guys....Think it's at 5pm initially but check schedules.

www.sonytv.com

Cheers

AndyP

Well, the new trailer for season 5, which starts in a few weeks, is pretty brilliant.

http://danowen.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/trailer-community-season5-trailer2.html

New season starts tonight in the U.S of A; with Harmon back at the helm. Should be good!