Psychobitches - Series 1

It's a shame this programme's hidden away on Sky Arts 1, as it's far better than most contemporary sketch shows.

The cast are fantastic and the show has a very unique 'feel' to it.

Has anyone else been watching?

Trouble is following their cornering of the sports market they're trying to get into comedy. But I'm not buying it!!!

What on Earth are you on about, Chappers? Have you had a breakdown?

It's on Sky. Sky initially went for the sports market and now they're going for comedy but I refuse to go through the hassle of having Sky.

I thought you were going down the 'women aren't funny' route.

Psychobitches alone is worth subscribing. Very funny.

No - it's just my outdated way of paying for TV. I pay my bloody licence - or someone does - and I refuse to pay any more.

I very much want to see this, but I don't have SKY. Hopefully it'll turn up somewhere, *cough-cough*, and I can see what the fuss is about.

The first episode did *cough* come up. It's rather good. Sky really seems to offer a lot of decent comedy lately.

...And don't look at me, I have literally zero chance to see anything legally. I do buy DVDs from time to time.

I *cough* saw it yesterday.

I do have Sky, by the way. And asthma.

Quote: Chappers @ June 7 2013, 8:47 PM BST

Trouble is following their cornering of the sports market they're trying to get into comedy. But I'm not buying it!!!

Here Here!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 8 2013, 12:02 AM BST

Hopefully it'll turn up somewhere, *cough-cough*, and I can see what the fuss is about.

This.

Julia Davis's Pam Ayres is hilarious. If I knew her I'd try and make her talk like that all the time.

I've got Sky but completely missed this, wish I had seen it now.

There's a repeat of the penultimate episode tomorrow night.

Do you want me to commence a S2 thread? I've been watching the series since it began (and indeed S1 when first broadcast). It's really clever, the performances are spot on and all of the writers have excellent comedy credentials. So why does it only raise a wry grin with me?

Maybe your funny bone has broken? :)

And yes, please start a Series 2 thread if discussing Series 2!