Why do hairdressers never listen?

Went to the hairdressers today. My hairstyle is very short back and sides and I have it long on top, I then wax the hair on top. It suits me. Anyway, the back and sides were a little long, so with me going away to Italy next week, I thought I'd get them tidied up. But I told her to leave the top of my hair alone as that is at a perfect length.
What does the stupid woman go and do, cuts the top of my hair really short. I go to Italy with a naff haircut now all because my hairdresser did not listen. While I was having my haircut I was telling her how I'm off to Italy next week, on the way out she said 'Have a nice time in Greece'.... obviously one of them people that doesn't listen to anyone.

This is a very British thread.

It's a very low paid profession so they have to make it more fun somehow. We should cherish their good natured sabotage.

A lot of people I know hate the hairdressers and haven't been for years. I'm sure a lot of people only go to feel human contact; why else endure them?

Any man that sticks wax on his hair deserves to be treated with utter contempt

Did you still give her a tip?

Hairdressers generally don't listen. You can find the odd good one though. The older gents out there in barbers tend to give the best haircuts in my opinion.

had to paste up this sketch I wrote ages ago

WOMAN IN A HAIRDRESSER'S TALKING TO HAIRDRESSER WHO IS PARTIALLY UNSEEN.

WOMAN
Ok I want the layered cut that Kate Winslett had in Vogue this month, but I want it the length of Lady Ga Gas at the Emmys and with Beyonce highlights.

HAIRDRESSER
Winslett, Ga Ga, Beyonce got it.

WOMAN
I want it to say "You can buy me breakfast but it'd better come with an engagement ring."

HAIRDRESSER
Ring, breakfast got it.

THE HAIRDRESSER SHAVES THE WOMANS HEAD WHO SITS IN OPEN MOUTH HORROR. THE HAIR DRESSER THEN POPS A WET SPONGE ON HER HEAD AND ROLLS UP HER LEFT TROUSER LEG.

WOMAN
Where did you learn to cut hair?

Quote: Jack Massey @ June 6 2013, 4:46 PM BST

My hairstyle is very short back and sides and I have it long on top, I then wax the hair on top. It suits me.

Well that's what you say Jack.
Without a pic we can't possibly agree or believe you

I went earlier this week. He asked me if I was going on holiday. I told him. Then about 10 minutes later he asked me again. I said yes - he said - oh yes of course.

I think they have a script.

Incidentally I'm going to Sicilly next week.

How's it going Chappers
Off anywhere nice this year?

When I go,I have a young bloke he is good he listen's to you. BTW his name is Steve.

So what's your hairdresser like David? Any good?

Quote: David Smith @ June 6 2013, 10:01 PM BST

When I go,I have a young bloke he is good he listen's to you. BTW his name is Steve.

So does Bob listen yto you?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 6 2013, 10:05 PM BST

So what's your hairdresser like David? Any good?

Yeah he is good. He gives me a discount because he is my mate too. Does a great job. :)

Quote: Chappers @ June 6 2013, 10:06 PM BST

So does Bob listen yto you?

Yeah he does were like best mates at times.