Sarah Millican

Sarah Millican isn't funny. Silly, smug, overconfident yes....funny no.

Hello Hugh welcome to the site and what a trenchant first post.

Personally I don't particularly like Sara Millican's style of comedy. But then I must acknowledge that like zebras millions like her, but I don't so the fault most likely lies with me.

She is overexposed, but the talent is there.

Silly, smug and overconfident sound like pretty good qualifications for a comedian to me. Or is it that you just don't like those qualities in a woman?

Overconfidence is a terrible thing in stand up comedy. I like my comedians to be shy and nervous so they forget their lines and get embarrassed and I can shout and heckle them without fear of being glassed.

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more, Sarah Millican is incredibly funny.

Also, when did "silly" become a bad thing for a comedian?

I agree with Tony. She's the funniest woman on telly. Worth 100 Mirandas.

Quote: Marc P @ May 29 2013, 3:32 PM BST

Overconfidence is a terrible thing in badgers. I like my badgers to be shy and nervous so they forget their lines and get embarrassed and I can shout and heckle them without fear of being gassed.

It's all go in Sheringham!

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 29 2013, 3:44 PM BST

I agree with Tony. She's the funniest woman on telly. Worth 100 Mirandas.

An image as terrifying as it's erotically charged.

I like Millican and Miranda. (Am looking forward to seeing what Miranda's standup will be like next year or whenever it is she starts.)

Quote: zooo @ May 29 2013, 4:09 PM BST

I like Millican and Miranda. (Am looking forward to seeing what Miranda's standup will be like next year or whenever it is she starts.)

I'm afraid you can only like one funny woman, by law.

Darn.

I generally like her stand-up routines but detest her on panel shows.

Her high pitched laugh bleeds over everything and she never stops cackling like an idiot.

Saw her on an old re-run of 8 Out Of 10 Cats the other night - by eck' she's put some timber on since then.

It must be annoying seeing your past self on TV all the time, I was watching an old QI the other day and Jimmy Carr looked so much heavier.

Quote: zooo @ May 29 2013, 4:36 PM BST

It must be annoying seeing your past self on TV all the time, I was watching an old QI the other day and Jimmy Carr looked so much heavier.

Nothing compared to Johnny Vegas. He lost a few kilos...but that doesn't make him more attractive.

Sarah Millican is surely one of the funniest women stand-ups Britain has ever produced, isn't she?

Ignoring gender, she's still one of the funniest stand-ups Britain has ever produced - if not quite so close to the top of the list.

In any event, she's a marvellous talent.

I love her.