How to name a sitcom?

Me and Dom (Dom Mental on here) are writing a sitcom, but have no idea what to call it.

Has anyone got any tips on naming sitcoms or coming up with good names? Or anything really...

PS sorry if this is the wrong section/there is already a similar topic...

What's the theme of your sitcom?For instance I have just written one about two married couples, all pensioners. The women are always pulling one over their hubbies but the two men are always plotting too. So, I've called it...Battle Of Wits

Some people working in a dating agency, but the episodes aren't really related to that much...

What's the name of the agency?

call it "Me and Dom"

Happy Hearts...

we thought of naming it that, but it sounded to... squishy...

EDIT: We can't call it 'Me and Dom' because we don't really feature in it at all...

Well if it was based in Hertfordshire you could call it Love Herts.
I always think of a title after it is all done. I like catchy titles to. Something that throws. It need not even have anything to do with your sitcom. IMO!!!

I tend to go through my record collection and look for quirky song titles I can steal. It's important to remember the title need not neccessarily have any bearing on the project. For example, Reservoir Dogs is a fantastic title but as far as I'm aware there are no reservoirs or dogs in the actual film. It just feels right.

'Pick And Mix'? :D

How about 'GSOH'?

It should be snappy, and defining, but not neccasairly funny.
It's like a brand so to speak.

e.g. Red Dwarf, The Office all instant recognition.

Date line?
Somebody, someday?

It needs to be a good one.
I love the prog 'Thank God You're Here' but can't remember for the life of me that it's the improvisation prog when I see it advertised. I assume that's a religious prog and pass it by
There's another prog with a stupid name and I can't even remember the title now....just shows what an impact it has....not

Record titles - Boom bang-a-bang jumped into my head!

I'm determined to come up with a really clever title for my sitcom.

Quote: catskillz @ February 11, 2008, 2:50 PM

I'm determined to come up with a really clever title for my sitcom.

What's it about?