Newsjack, Weekending or News Huddlines?

Which is better of the three. Personally I hadn't been old enough to catch two of them when they were on, but I've been listening to Weekending and I quite enjoy it, I think I've only heard about two episodes of News Huddlines repeated on radio, but it still sounds funny, I'm not really sure about Newsjack though, but that's just my opinion.

Quote: His Own Devices @ May 18 2013, 9:49 AM BST

Which is better of the three. Personally I hadn't been old enough to catch two of them when they were on, but I've been listening to Weekending and I quite enjoy it, I think I've only heard about two episodes of News Huddlines repeated on radio, but it still sounds funny, I'm not really sure about Newsjack though, but that's just my opinion.

Certainly I have fond memories of Huddlines with the writers' credits lasting longer than the programme.

I find satire pointless because all politicians are quite mad. You might as well take the piss out of the cat.

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 18 2013, 2:24 PM BST

Certainly I have fond memories of Huddlines with the writers' credits lasting longer than the programme.

I know, that felt like a proper acknowledgement of the writers, rather than "Go to the website for a full list."

Quote: William Purry @ May 18 2013, 10:24 PM BST

I find satire pointless because all politicians are quite mad. You might as well take the piss out of the cat.

Satire doesn't just have to be about politicians, it can be on all sorts of subjects.

You've not met my cat.

Quote: His Own Devices @ May 20 2013, 11:58 AM BST

I know, that felt like a proper acknowledgement of the writers, rather than "Go to the website for a full list."

Certainly a very surreal remark for 1975...

All these shows had open door submission policies, didn't they? Although I only have the vaguest memories of it, I've always had a soft spot for Weekending.

Weekending always credited Bob and Barbara Bolton.

It seems that Ben Miller wrote for Week Ending.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 17th February 2015, 1:11 PM GMT

It seems that Ben Miller wrote for Week Ending.

As did many others, apparently.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Week_Ending

Sorry, maybe I thought Ben was the wrong age group?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th February 2015, 12:37 PM GMT

Sorry, maybe I thought Ben was the wrong age group?

No need to apologise, I was just adding detail to your post. I'm nice like that.

It would be interesting to hear Weekending again. I remember it on a Friday or Saturday night in the 90s. I've managed to hear some of the Huddlines recently and these too were good. I'd be interested in hearing the rest though.

Would you look up to Bonzo or Michael Monkhouse more if they said they had wrote for Week Ending?

EDIT: I suppose Tilt would work equally as well.

I used to like Huddlines. The last two series of Newsjack hasn't really been my cup of tea. It seems now to be a vehicle to raise the profile of specific comedians.