Thank God You're Here - Paul Merton Page 11

I'm going to be watching this show on tape every week from now on in. Fast forwarding over Paul Merton's pointless and laboured small-talk makes it a much better show!

I enjoyed this week more than some previous. As is said above, Rufus did a great job - really getting into the part. I think the key was rather than just answering the questions the ensemble put forward, he took control of the scene (e.g. flirting at one point).

Richard Wilson also did this rather well in the mini-cheese sketch. When he started ignoring the questions and back-chatting the 'diners', that's when I actually started laughing-out-loud.

Quote: Mark @ February 11, 2008, 12:35 AM

Richard Wilson also did this rather well in the mini-cheese sketch. When he started ignoring the questions and back-chatting the 'diners', that's when I actually started laughing-out-loud.

You were actually laughing-out-loud? I don't believe it! :P

Quote: Leevil @ February 11, 2008, 12:38 AM

You were actually laughing-out-loud? I don't believe it! :P

Yes, I was "LOLing". It does happen occassionally ;) :O The time before that was when Keith spilt the coffee on the dead Nicholas Burns in Thursday's Never Better.

I just wanted to do the "I don't believe it!" line. I wasn't implying you never laugh, unless that's something I've missed around here. One of the terrible irony's in this world. The owner of a sitcom website never laughs.

He's watched too much and become too cynical. Poor guy. :(

Quote: Leevil @ February 11, 2008, 12:51 AM

I just wanted to do the "I don't believe it!" line. I wasn't implying you never laugh

Quote: Aaron @ February 11, 2008, 8:12 AM

He's watched too much and become too cynical. Poor guy.

Ah God, its true - I can't even spot a feed line now! Sorry Leevil Teary

I think a better example of a decent improvised show is The Lawrence Sweeny Mix currently running on Radio 4 at the moment. It's not brilliant, but the interplay between the two performers is nice, and there are a fair few laughs along the way.

I love that show.

Has anyone seen 'Paul Merton and Chums' live?

Quote: zooo @ February 15, 2008, 7:09 PM

Has anyone seen 'Paul Merton and Chums' live?

Yes! One of the funniest things I have ever seen. They are going on tour again and I'm seeing them in both York and Newcastle. I would recommend them to anyone.

I just got tickets to see them too.

Who are the chums at the moment? Do they have people that join them whenever they're free, or is it a fixed group?

I'm watching last week's episode at the moment, and must say it's the best yet by far. Rufus was indeed great, Lee was pretty good, Richard wasn't bad either, but Claudia was brilliant! Flowed very well, didn't seem to panic or lose track at all. If it gets a second series, I hope that she'll be on again. :)

^^^

But did you think Claudia was funny ?

Affirmative, Richard.

I thought she was pretty good but i'm glad Rufus won as he was just brilliant.