The Show What You Wrote Page 22

What theme are they doing first Stephen?

I am guessing Ep1 is going to be Horror, as I got the email saying a horror sketch I redrafted is not going to be used.

Hard luck Trabs at least you got a rewrite so you can draw a positive from that. You should also take into account the category as I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't one of the most subscribed genres.

Cheers Teddy. Indeed, the amount of submissions was huge and they only have 4 shows to fit them into so it was always going to be extremely hard to get something in the recording.

Shame that but at least you got closer than most. I wonder if they will make this a regular show?

Anyone been told they have something being recorded for the first episode?

Oh, and if someone here can post a list of the sketches recorded on Sunday that'd be lovely. I'll be going to the third recording and I'll make a list of the sketches recorded then (unless Radio 4 would be against that).

Quote: Shandonbelle @ May 15 2013, 9:41 AM BST

I wonder if they will make this a regular show?

If it's on Radio 4 it may depend on ratings. Radio 4 Extra only have one or two new shows, so Newsjack isn't subject to that.

When do you think we should start posting our rejects?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ May 16 2013, 11:12 AM BST

When do you think we should start posting our rejects?

When you know that they've been rejected?

(Damn - every now and then a brief spark of optimism hits me... must be time for the pills)

I think they've sorted it all out and those that are in have been told already and everyone else is left swinging.

It's the life of the writer, you put your best effort in and you never hear a word back.

This show is a cracking idea but they don't tell you if they even get your emails and then say f**k all if they don't want what was attached to it!

So people are left feeling like a red headed step kid with a limp who has developed nits.

You're just being naughty now Teddy! ;)

Here's all the info about 'what happens next'... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r1s2h/features/what-happens-next

No I'm serious kid I'm sure they have sorted it all out, I don't mind the rejection it's just that with a set up as big as the beeb you think they would have been able to tell those involved and those not.
All they need to say is that there is a cut off point for entries and a cut off point for those accepted, one tweet to their own homepage and we would all know.

'Our script editor Jon Hunter has written a feature covering some of the more common ideas and problems with scripts that we encountered, and it's definitely worth having a look at his suggestions for future reference. It will be online soon'

No sign of this yet?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ May 16 2013, 12:41 PM BST

'Our script editor Jon Hunter has written a feature covering some of the more common ideas and problems with scripts that we encountered, and it's definitely worth having a look at his suggestions for future reference. It will be online soon'

No sign of this yet?

Not that I can spot...

I think you're being too judgmental Dave!