Can You Help Me Please?

Hello,
Can you help me please?
Does anyone remember a Christmas show that had a sketch where the TV camera zoomed in to a decorated Christmas tree and the ornaments came to life. They were all the comedy guests...the fairy doll etc... I thought Bruce Forsyth might have been one of the ornaments but I just can not remember.
The show would have been aired anywhere between the mid to late sixties or the up to the mid seventies.
Hope someone can help me...it is driving me mad!
Best wishes to you and yours,
Shirley.

Sounds a bit like Morecambe and Wise to me, could be wrong though.

I was thinking it sounded more like the intro to an All Star Comedy Carnival or Christmas Night With The Stars.

It was a device used in 1983's 'Carry on Laughing's Christmas Classics'. The clips were all taken from the 60s and 70s so that could have been it, if Bernard Bresslaw ballet dancing was one of the baubles. Although not if Brucie was on it.

Hello,
So Sorry, I did not make myself very clear when I said "Baubles".
What I mean is Christmas tree ornaments. All the celebrities were dressed as various ornaments sitting in the branches of a Christmas tree.
The fairy on top, a toy soldier etc...
The set for the show was the inside of a large house. It showed the star of the show leave the house, the camera showed the Christmas tree in the living room and then zoomed in close for the sketch. As though the ornaments came to life when the owners' back was turned.
If only I could remember whose show it was.
Have a nice day everyone.
Shirley.

When you describe it like that, I have a vague memory of Frankie Howerd appearing in something along those lines. Could he be one of the people in said sketch?

Thank you Aaron, Frankie Howerd was really someone to think about and I found on the Internet Movie database that in 1966 his series FRANKIE AND BRUCE...with Bruce Forsyth...was launched on Dec 24th...could it be that I wonder?

I also wonder about the year before, Dec 25th and the pilot of THE BRUCE FORSYTH SHOW?

Dickie Henderson and Anita Harris also strike a chord with me but I just don't know.

There is very little written about either show.

Best wishes to everyone in this community.
Shirley.

Possible. I have one (incomplete) episode of Frankie And Bruce, and their faces appear on baubles. Seems unlikely they would've appeared dressed as ornaments elsewhere in the programme, but the other two episodes (it consisted of three individual specials over 9 years, not a series) are possible contenders.

Do you mean this one shirley? http://youtu.be/Rzr6Xz_HOdM

That is the programme she is referring to, yes.

Was the show in colour, or was it in light grey and dark grey?

Thank you George Roper, I think you have probably found it as all the people I have been thinking could be in it seem to be in this show.
The YouTube footage is BRILLIANT. Thank you for the link. Such a shame it is only part one. I would love to see it all and feel sure that sketch would be there.

Enjoy your day everyone. You are such helpful people.
Shirley.

Quote: Forks 2008 @ May 7 2013, 5:48 AM BST

Such a shame it is only part one. I would love to see it all and feel sure that sketch would be there.

Sadly the rest is missing, believed wiped. :(