The Big Bang Theory Page 12

This is one of the best American sitcoms I have ever seen in my life. I have the entire collection and I'm not going to criticize this programme in any way. IT'S PERFECT.
Lovey Lovey Lovey

New episodes back tonight.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 11 2013, 10:46 PM BST

New episodes back tonight.

Two million viewers.

That's huuuuuuge for E4.

Pretty good episode, not a classic, but it had its moments.

This is a pretty good show.

Do we have to start a new thread?
Is it season Six now I don't know.

Anyway loved the Star Trek stuff in the last ep

It is indeed Season 6. A seventh was ordered a few years back, but I'm hoping they'll commit to an eighth. Still such a great sitcom.

Season 6 is almost over for what it's worth.

There's just 3 more episodes left.

It's pretty amazing how consistent TBBT. Over 130 episodes in and it's still going pretty strong.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets approved for an 8th and possibly a 9th season due to its immense popularity.

The show has been averaging 15 million - 20 million viewers a week in the US compared to the almost 5 million the Office averages and the almost 4 million Parks and Recreation averages.

Just started to watch some of the older ones again after a break and got the enthusiasm back for it after not liking the last couple of series too much. So watched this new episode and then wished I hadn't. Looked like they are really bereft of ideas now. They just strung out a poor nerdy convention plot without anything new in, they looked tired and a bit fed up with it, I thought, with the possible exception of Howard.

The subplot of the three women at home was false looking, not well connected to the main plot and Penny is totally wasted now as a mere member of the three instead of the fiesty lead female. She was once such a great character and the actress who plays her was fantastic. Now she's being underused and used out of character, like in this episode.

Won't be watching again, it's clear to me the show has passed its peak and can't really find new material to do. This is the fault of their crazy commercial system, going way beyond a show's natural lifespan. I'm glad we don't have such insane sitcom management here. Can you imagine how Fawlty Towers would be rated here after 150 episodes? On guns and sitcoms we could not be more different cultures.

Personally, I still love it. I hope they keep making it FOREVER.
Or at least another 5 series or so.

Personally, I think it's overrated. Yes, it's a great sitcom, there are lots of very funny episodes, but all my friends are raving about it and I don't think it's worth all that, I've seen loads of great sitcoms that are much better but don't get half as much recognition as this one.

Quote: zooo @ April 27 2013, 9:37 PM BST

Agreed. The dynamic has changed a bit, it plays on the contrasts of different relationships, but those contrasts of today are still as valid as those in Season 1. And it's very funny.

Quote: zooo @ April 27 2013, 9:37 PM BST

Just the five series or so?

Maybe 7.

I enjoyed it up until they changed the whole dynamic around season 3-4.

Great reference to 'Heroes' in a recent episode.