The Likely Lads Page 2

Ok

David Smith are you a fan of On The Buses?

Yes A big fan.

Me too.

Good.

I love On the Buses too. Still classics.

Great Greg.

Quote: David Smith @ April 15 2013, 8:33 PM BST

Great Greg.

Ta!

No Problem.

Did they not do any other Likely Lads films?

No.

Network are releasing the film afresh next month, with a new DVD and world premiere Blu-ray, both formats also including two recently rediscovered missing episodes of the original The Likely Lads sitcom.

I've been very lucky to get a copy ahead of the release, and have to say it's an absolutely beautiful transfer, with sparkling HD picture. It's many, may years since I last saw the film and have enjoyed watching it immensely. One of the very best adaptations of the period. I highly recommend it to anyone. Well worth your money.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/film/the_likely_lads/shop/6124/the_likely_lads/

On TPTV next Saturday (22 August) 6pm shortly after The Punch and Judy Man.

Gave it a look and I come down on the side of some of the IMDb reviewers who gave it 3/10 or even 1/10, although there were a number of 10/10.
I suppose I was looking for a longer version of "Whatever happened to...................", but there were things that didn't gel for me, like Bob and Thelma living in a different house (OK they could have moved), driving a red Vauxhall Chevette instead of a blue Vauxhall Viva etc. and a completely different theme tune - could they not have adapted "Oh, what happened to us,................"

OK, I'm being a bit picky, but mainly I think the spark of the TV series simply wasn't there. I see that Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais are listed as concept writers, which I assume basically means it was their idea, but they didn't write the screenplay, which would explain a lot, but there are no writer credits. Perhaps they made it up as they went along. Rolling eyes

My wife laughed a couple of times, but then she'll laugh at anything. :$

What did annoy me was TPTV going way over the top with their censoring innocuous words such as "shit" by muting them - for f**k's sake TPTV grow up!! Angry

I see the lovely Mary Tamm was in it.Not that the hair style does her any favours.