I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,181

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 8 2013, 1:27 PM BST

Not where she's concerned !

Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith says Baroness Thatcher is "the reason I came into politics".

Another reason to hate her !

Well she did make it clear that it was possible, in fact, to be a professional c**t.

( Too soon Mr Carnegie? )

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 8 2013, 1:50 PM BST

I don't think anyone's ecstatic, just glad.

I'm more than ecstatic to be honest, shes nothing but a bitch who ruined this country with all her cut backs. I hope its enjoying tea with Saddam because that's where she belongs.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 8 2013, 1:50 PM BST

I don't think anyone's ecstatic, just glad.

Some are!

I don't necessarily mean on here, btw.

(Except for Nigel, evidently.) ;)

Very good point Zoo, I guess if it's funny it makes it seem less nasty somehow.

Quote: Sinon @ April 8 2013, 1:57 PM BST

Well she did make it clear that it was possible, in fact, to be a professional c**t.

( Too soon Mr Carnegie? )

Actually no, I don't think it's too soon to say that, cause that's something you could have said when she was alive. It's the subject of her death which I always think is a tricky thing.

Basically, I have had a sketch idea based on the orchestration of her funeral pop into my head. I didn't ask for it, it just popped into my head, and well, basically I don't want to be an arsehole. I don't like mean comedy really... Maybe I'm just soft that way...

Quote: Mr Carnegie @ April 8 2013, 2:02 PM BST

Very good point Zoo, I guess if it's funny it makes it seem less nasty somehow.

Actually no, I don't think it's too soon to say that, cause that's something you could have said when she was alive. It's the subject of her death which I always think is a tricky thing.

Basically, I have had a sketch idea based on the orchestration of her funeral pop into my head. I didn't ask for it, it just popped into my head, and well, basically I don't want to be an arsehole. I don't like mean comedy really... Maybe I'm just soft that way...

You could take your lead from the lady, herself. Do what you think is right and don't give a damn about who it effects.

Could she really have had a state funeral? :S

Quote: Tim Azure @ April 8 2013, 2:17 PM BST

Could she really have had a state funeral? :S

Downing St have said it will be like Queen Mother and Princess (bury me in a Y shaped coffin) Diana. But no lying in state.

We might get a day off though !

:D

I don't mind as long as it finishes with the Archbishop of Cantebury burying a stake in her black heart and spreading her ashes over unconcecrated lands

Quote: sootyj @ April 8 2013, 2:27 PM BST

I don't mind as long as it finishes with the Archbishop of Cantebury burying a stake in her black heart and spreading her ashes over unconcecrated lands

:P

Quote: sootyj @ April 8 2013, 2:27 PM BST

Hackney Marsh... as it happens.

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 8 2013, 2:27 PM BST

Downing St have said it will be like Queen Mother and Princess (bury me in a Y shaped coffin) Diana. But no lying in state.

Apparently she specifically requested not to have a state funeral.

Didn't know it worked like that...

unconsecrated lands

Ashes can be sprinkled anywhere. Burying her at a crossroads might be more apposite...

There goes Ben Elton's act...

Quote: Lazzard @ April 8 2013, 2:47 PM BST

HA!

Quote: Lazzard @ April 8 2013, 2:47 PM BST

Every silver lining has an even bigger silver lining

Unfortunately I don't believe in Hell, or I'd be rejoicing even more.