Which comedy stars have you met? Page 2

More like teaberry, but I can imagine they smell quite similar

I have also met Nicholas Lyndhurst he was very kind and good to speak to. He asked me he if had any spare change on me.

Quote: David Smith @ April 5 2013, 10:39 AM BST

I have also met Nicholas Lyndhurst he was very kind and good to speak to. He asked me he if had any spare change on me.

Really. Did you give him any money?

He just needed it for the telephone box. Well yeah. If anyone from this site like Aaron or Lee asked I would give them spare change. If they needed it for bus fare I will still give them change. I like helping people. I gave 60 pounds to comic relief on comic relief night.

Quote: David Smith @ April 5 2013, 2:15 PM BST

He just needed it for the telephone box.

Laughing out loud Fair Enough. Did you not get his autograph? Where did you meet him?

Well in return he give me an autograph. This was about 6 or 7 years ago now so I can't remember where I meet him.

Quote: David Smith @ April 5 2013, 2:20 PM BST

Well in return he give me an autograph. This was about 6 or 7 years ago now so I can't remember where I meet him.

That's Nice. Laughing out loud

I've met Judy Finnigan.

I win!

(Closed Thread)

Quote: sootyj @ April 5 2013, 10:31 AM BST

I met the prime minister, not sure if that counts.

And his wife.

They both smelled nice in a similar way.

I wonder if they share bathing products?

If you're bringing politicians in to it I can match that with a comic situation.

I was once in a branch of DFS and I witnessed John and Norma Major both testing the bounciness of a sofa.

Quote: Tursiops @ April 5 2013, 10:33 AM BST

I helped Melvyn Hayes assemble his daughter's present one Christmas morning; lovely chap, but not handy with a screwdriver.

I've SEEN Melvyn Hayes in a comic situation - I saw him walking down the amusingly named Rampant Horse Street in Norwich.

Quote: Tuumble @ April 5 2013, 5:07 PM BST

I was once in a branch of DFS and I witnessed John and Norma Major both testing the bounciness of a sofa.

Thread closed. You win.

I saw Paul Burrell signing books in the (now defunct) Methven book shop in Canterbury.

Martin Clunes once came in the pub I worked in.

In Men Behaving Badly you often saw his character and Neil Morrissey's character drinking Stella, and they always had Stella in the fridge, so it was no surprise when he came to the bar and ordered a pint of...

Guinness.

I shared a table for lunch with Robert Morley at Goodwood racecourse once.

And Jimmy Thompson (Carry On Regardless, Cruising, Jack and friend of Pinky & Perky) once presented me with a raffle prize.

Alexei Sayle after his radio show 'Lenin Of The Rovers'. I love Alexei!

I used to work on The Motor Show every year and on 'press day' The day before plebs are allowed in, and only TV crews and 'the stars' can attend, my friend and I used to make it our goal of who could speak to the most famous people.

You soon find out who are the really nice people and who are up themselves.

I said 'hello' to Noel Edmunds as he was passing and he ignored me but he definitely heard me say short-arse as he walked away.

I stood backstage and watched Hot Gossip doing a routine then running back and doing a quick costume change. That gets your attention when you are a 24 year old buck.
I asked the blonde one out, she smiled and said Floyd was her boyfriend (one of the dancers)