Not Going Out - Series 6 Page 3

Hopefully the Series 6 DVD will come out straight after the series ends

Quote: Nigel Ball @ March 29 2013, 11:13 PM GMT

We're going to be seeing a lot more of Bobby Ball so you probably won't even notice.

I'm not sure that's a good thing. I didn't really even like his cameos.

Quote: plodipop @ March 30 2013, 12:23 PM GMT

I'm not sure that's a good thing. I didn't really even like his cameos.

You may be the only one!

Tim Vine is so intrinsic to the show I will be interested to see what happens, but the dynamic of the show will change whatever. As a great fan of Vine I can only fear the worst.

Quote: Aaron @ March 30 2013, 12:28 PM GMT

You may be the only one!

Maybe, maybe not. I think they would have to tone his character down for him to work as a regular though.

Tim is only one of two actors to have appeared in every episode of NGO, so for most viewers it is going to be a big adjustment to lose him and have other relationships taking its place.

I'll be watching on Friday to see if it still works.

There is 2 different ending he got for end of the series. I wonder which one he will use.

How much of Bobby Ball will we see? 2 eps or more?

I think the series will be axed after this one to be fair.

Quote: David Smith @ April 1 2013, 8:00 PM BST

I think the series will be axed after this one to be fair.

I doubt it , David. The BBC have ordered a seventh series already. ;)

When?

Quote: David Smith @ April 2 2013, 5:44 PM BST

When?

When they ordered Series 6. They ordered a Series 7 too.

I believe the double order was for Series 5 and 6, not 6 and 7. As far as I'm aware this is the last that has been commissioned to date.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4323718/Chaos-for-BBC1-comedy-Not-Going-Out-as-Tim-Vine-quits.html

If you read this , it says a series 7 has been ordered.

When you think about it some of the best sitcoms stagnated after a few series. Much as I like Time I'm sure it will benefit to some extent with a change of characters.

Quote: Chappers @ April 2 2013, 8:44 PM BST

When you think about it some of the best sitcoms stagnated after a few series. Much as I like Time I'm sure it will benefit to some extent with a change of characters.

Yes I can see it still being funny but it just won't be as good as the previous series but it will be watchable.