It's Kevin Page 3

Quote: Shandonbelle @ March 14 2013, 9:07 AM GMT

Looking forward to this, to me he'll always be the laughing guy in the lift in Alan Partridge, I could watch that over and over, great he's got his own show now.

I like the scene where he laughs at the content of lan's drawer. Classic!

Haven't seen this show yet. Actors that have become famous or infamous with their many great supporting roles often disappoint with their own shows or lead roles for some reason. So I'll watch this with caution.

I love Kevin Eldon's stuff -- even the guff Stottie and Bussell made him do -- but the first episode of this had *just* enough laughs to keep me interested. Maybe I was just in a bad mood. Fingers crossed for the rest of the series.

I liked it. Some funny stuff, but also a few bits that just made me think WTF? :D

I only got through the first 5 minutes which were really weak and disjointed. Will give it another try though.

Quote: Nick @ March 19 2013, 9:11 AM GMT

I only got through the first 5 minutes which were really weak and disjointed.

Sketches are meant to be disjointed, otherwise they are just one act plays!

I don't think people would be quite so generous to this show if wasn't the work of 'comedy legend' Kevin Eldon.

My favourite bit was the woman who squawked as she handed him the props, that made me laugh out loud.

Quote: Lee @ March 19 2013, 8:35 PM GMT

My favourite bit was the woman who squawked as she handed him the props, that made me laugh out loud.

Yes, that bit killed me as well - funny, seeing Kenny Everett discussed in the thread below, as that's exactly what this show reminded me of. It just needs a solid sketch or two to hold the thing together...and who thought the "and that was just the teachers-ah" opening sketch was a good idea? I kept 2waiting for the clever twist on this hackneyed warhorse, and it never came. :S

Quote: Agnes Guano @ March 19 2013, 8:25 PM GMT

I don't think people would be quite so generous to this show if wasn't the work of 'comedy legend' Kevin Eldon.

Actually I think people wouldn't be quite so harsh on this show if there wasn't the weight of all his previous comedy experience and quality stand up record behind him.

I really liked it though, some stuff really had me laughing hard and that's really all I care about in a show.

I guess it also helps that I didn't hear the radio show but even if I had, they are just little audition pieces for a TV run these days.
Haven't heard any radio show to TV show transitions which didn't transfer a lot of material with it too, be it Mitchell/Webb, Little Britain, On the Hour....hell Alan Patridge had someone die on both his TV show and Radio show's final ep...

Radio shows are just a way for testing the material without having to invest money in sets, props and all the visual faff.
Once you know it works you can build on it, and chances are there's a lot of new stuff to come too, but don't be too shocked if you hear another radio joke again!

(P.S what was the radio show actually called? Same title? Off to investigate ;-) )

Quote: codename 47 @ March 22 2013, 8:11 PM GMT

(P.S what was the radio show actually called? Same title? Off to investigate ;-) )

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/its_kevin/see_also/

I wasn't too keen on the first episode, but I loved the second one.

It's refreshing to see a sketch show which doesn't just place the same characters in mildly different scenarios every week.

Quote: groovydude89 @ March 25 2013, 12:06 PM GMT

I wasn't too keen on the first episode, but I loved the second one.

Same here.

I thought yesterday wax age not least of all the pension rap

I also loved the 'Pension Rap', as well as the Queen card sketch and the way the First World War finally ended. :D

I liked no. 2 a lot more as well. Really enjoyable. It is odd, though, that a show that's so incredibly knowing and referential likes to fall back on painfully obvious gags from time to time (drunk man is the surgeon, foreign language sounds like naughty words).

Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot.