The Mimic Page 3

I shall allow 90%. ;)

Any info on where this was filmed? It looked like part of Bristol I know when they were walking alongside the water.

I'm really enjoying this show, very likeable characters and it's nice to see something a bit different but gentle plus I've always been a sucker for a good mimic, throw in a smattering of silver hair at the temples and that's me hooked.

I love this... instantly likeable, interesting characters. Nothing too obvious but very funny.

I enjoyed this week's more, and thought the central character was especially nicely underplayed; but it's still lacking any real story to give it direction, instead just wandering from scene to scene. A bit more conflict might help, too. As heart-warming sitcoms go, it's not up there with the likes of Rev, but it's certainly watchable.

After seeing the positive response on here I got to check it out.

Some of the impressions don't hit the mark, but I'm really starting to like it now. The shopkeeper cracks me up.

Occasionally I've not been sure who the impressions are, but 90% of them are ace.
He's a handsome bugger too, isn't he. People who suit grey hair are a mystifying lot.

This show just keeps getting better IMO. Even if they took out the impressions, they'd still be left a wonderful, character-driven comedy, with Newsagent Neil turning into a neurotic classic character. In Ep3, him going above and beyond when it came to 'protection' was brilliant. :D

I particularly enjoyed last night's episode and it seems to be getting better each week! I really liked when the main character was accused of paedophilia when it was really a picture of himself and I also liked the scene towards the end where Martin brought the woman back to his son's room.

Quote: Jason Simmons @ March 28 2013, 12:29 PM GMT

I particularly enjoyed last night's episode and it seems to be getting better each week! I really liked when the main character was accused of paedophilia when it was really a picture of himself and I also liked the scene towards the end where Martin brought the woman back to his son's room.

That was Neil. But agreed, it was brilliant. :D

I had to pause for about ten minutes because I couldn't stop cracking up when Neil looks at the picture of his wife and shouts, "Who needs you, you stupid cow!?" Classic awkwardness.

Thoroughly enjoying this show. It was great seeing Terry make his mark with VIP but he really takes it to the next level in this one.