QI - Series K

Hello there. Quick question for anyone out there. We've applied for tickets for the next series of QI, if we are successful do we need to queue up days in advance? As they over subscribe, I can imagine it being a bit cutthroat in the queue.

We would be coming up from Cornwall and we need to take 2 days leave each to cover this so I need to guarantee entry.

Thanks in advance.

Your dear friend,

Perce.

Re guaranteed entry, you could try contacting Applause Store if your application is successful, explaining your lengthy travel and asking if there is anything they can do to help (i.e. if they can upgrade your tickets to priority). Of course, they could give you priority anyway.

The QI website contains this short guide, but I've not read it myself so can't say quite how useful it is: http://qi.com/join-the-audience/on-the-day

Quote: Aaron @ March 19 2013, 8:12 PM GMT

Re guaranteed entry, you could try contacting Applause Store if your application is successful, explaining your lengthy travel and asking if there is anything they can do to help (i.e. if they can upgrade your tickets to priority). Of course, they could give you priority anyway.

The QI website contains this short guide, but I've not read it myself so can't say quite how useful it is: http://qi.com/join-the-audience/on-the-day

That's really helpful Aaron. Much appreciated. Thanks.

I do enjoy the ongoing corrections being made between QI and The Unbelivable Truth. Indeed I think I emailed QI about the monkey wrench error. Sara Pascoe did very well I thought.

She was excellent!

Well she certainly knew a lot of stuff, and was interesting. I wouldn't say she made me laugh much though. Good episode overall I thought.

Quote: Tim Azure @ September 7 2013, 1:30 PM BST

Why was it worth -50 points?

I think it was just QI trying to wind-up The Unbelievable Truth. They proved QI was wrong, so they decided to punish David a lot because of it. It wouldn't have mattered much anyway because Sara would still have won by a mile.

Yeah, that's why it didn't matter much ;)

Quote: Jack F @ September 7 2013, 1:17 PM BST

Good episode overall I thought.

I agree.

Sara Pascoe's excellent performance, along with David Mitchell's analysis, Jack Whitehall's one liners and Alan David just being there was good.

Very good episode, I really enjoyed it.

Pascoe was marvellous. Knowledgable and funny.

Was I the only one who thought it'd be great if she hosted a comedy London bus tour?

She should carry on doing tours on the side. Comedy or history. Not fussed.

Last episode was rather poor. Never found Noel Fielding funny, and who was the other guest. Never seen him before!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ September 15 2013, 2:14 PM BST

Never found Noel Fielding funny

I liked him in The Mighty Boosh...but outside this surreal context he appears to be arrogant and unfunny.

Ross Noble is really starting to irritate me, he's taken up the Phil Jupitus mantle of never knowing when to shut up.

Every bloody question he'll go off into some "wacky" scenario, acting it out in such "hilarious" fashion, please for the love of God give it a rest for a little while.