Goodbye BBC Television Centre Page 2

Just a building, it's what is made not where it's made. Pirate

I hope they got a very good price for the old site and I hope that they will use the money to reduce the licence fees.

Ho ho. Wishful thinking there, Bill!

They tried to sell it off to corporate interests but the Govt, rightly, slapped a Grade listing on the buildings :) It's not the end but it is the end of the beginning of the end. The BBC is doing nothing to save itself really. Shame.

It is a great buuilding and deserves heritage status. Although the courtyard offers no protection whatsover from snipers.

Marc what happened to that maloderous shed of yours you spent most of your days in drinking special brew and taking occaisonal pot shots at passing milkmen from.

Quote: Marc P @ March 18 2013, 8:21 AM GMT

She tried to sell it off to corporate interests but the Govt, rightly, slapped a Grade listing on the buildings :) It's not the end but it is the end of the beginning of the end. The BBC is doing nothing to save itself really. Shame.

Good job! Milk men are replacable, history isn't!

I don't like the new place they broadcast from. It's like some kind of news warehouse.

On the outside, it is quite a cool old building. It could be a lot worse.

Yeah, the outside does look pretty good. They should stick all the news desks out in the courtyard.

Quote: zooo @ March 19 2013, 11:10 AM GMT

On the outside, it is quite a cool old building. It could be a lot worse.

I think they've made a cracking job of it, myself.

Quote: Lazzard @ March 19 2013, 11:12 AM GMT

I think they've made a cracking job of it, myself.

Yeah, outside! Inside it looks like just another dreary open plan office.

Quote: chipolata @ March 19 2013, 11:13 AM GMT

Yeah, outside! Inside it looks like just another dreary open plan office.

F**k the workers!
It's the casual passer-by you meed to impress.

Did your architecture course teach you nothing?

Quote: Lazzard @ March 19 2013, 11:18 AM GMT

F**k the workers!

What about the viewers viewing the workers on news bulletins? I found it quite difficult to focus on Sophie Raworth yesterday.

That used to be a street. I wonder if there is a legal right-of-way through the news studio.

:)

Quote: billwill @ March 19 2013, 3:41 PM GMT

That used to be a street. I wonder if there is a legal right-of-way through the news studio.

:)

No it didn't. The studio's in the basement. The path of the street at ground level is still accessible to the public.