Frank Thornton RIP

Just read that Frank Thornton has passed away ages 92. Very sad news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21828965

Very sad, but a much better age than some of his co-stars attained. RIP.

He gave me many good laughs. Thank you, Frank. R.I.P.

A great comedy actor for many years before and after AYBS. Farewell Frank.

What a shame.

Am I the only person who feels like a tiny bit of their own life/history has died when a performer you admire dies?

As has been said a great comic actor in many roles aside from AYBS.

Very funny in Carry On Screaming and excellent in his last major role in Last of The Summer Wine.

RIP.

Also Steptoe.

He was a punk toastmaster in The Goodies.

RIP.

Thought he must be pushing it has he seemed middle aged in Hancock.

My favourite Frank Thornton moment is when Alfie Bass was interviewed at Grace Brothters to replace Mr Granger and he suddenly recognises his old army mate- Corporal Peacock.

Yes, always fun to spot him in old films and shows. I guess he was the last of the AYBS main cast. EDIT: Oops, forgot Mr Rumbold. And perhaps Young Mr Grace's nurse Vivienne Johnson.

RIP, Captain.

Guess we know who'll be on the header tomorrow.

Very sad. I've got a lot of laughs watching Capt. Peacock and Truly of the Yard over the years. RIP

Loved him in Last of the summer wine. Truly great comic actor , he will be missed.

Very sad.

Of the main cast that leaves only Mr Rumbold (Nicholas Smith) and Mr Spooner (Mike Berry) who replaced Mr. Lucas.

As with Dad's Army the chance of a new series looks pretty remote now...

Quote: Tuumble @ March 18 2013, 5:17 PM GMT

and Mr Spooner (Mike Berry) who replaced Mr. Lucas.

Ah, forgot about him too. He was fantastic as the father in Worzel Gummidge, but Mr Spooner was a bit feeble, except when he sang at the end.

Quote: Kenneth @ March 18 2013, 5:24 PM GMT

Ah, forgot about him too. He was fantastic as the father in Worzel Gummidge, but Mr Spooner was a bit feeble, except when he sang at the end.

Well he was a rock singer wasn't he in the early 60s.

RIP Frank Thornton.