Derek and Clive Page 3

...as opposed to another 'joooongle' yes, definitely :)

Quote: Elliott Gill @ March 20 2012, 2:00 PM GMT

Hey everyone. I have a quick question for any hardcore Derek and Clive fans on here. I have the Virgin / EMI CDs of the albums Come Again & Ad Nauseam and if you remove all the bonus material both albums run to just over 1 hour, however when they were originally released on vinyl back in the late 70s they were only released as single discs. I was under the impression that a 12" record couldn't hold more than 45 minutes of material.

Did these records both run for an hour each or were they edited down? If anyone knows I'd be interested to find out, if not I may have to invest in the vinyls. Cheers. ;o)

Not being technical and I've got the first Live album but can't confirm its length(!!!) but I think that basically because it was only talking and no incredible sounds they were able to squeeze more grooves - or closer together because there is only one groove on each side of course.

Also bass needed bigger grooves I believe.

Hence the KTel lps always sounding a bit tinny as they tried to pack so much on.

I'll have a check tonight but given that each side of an LP can comfortably hold 30 mins then even with the use of my ropey math skills I make that an hour.

The worst job I ever had was picking lobsters out of a British comedy forum. Yes, hello. I can now report that both sides of Derek and Clive (Live) clock in at roughly 22 minutes each.

And about 2 minutes of it is actually funny...

I can scarcely believe we're discussing this disgraceful filth on the day that the world rejoices in a new Pope.

Yes he looked lovely. Gave me the horn.

Let's hope his knob has already dropped off.