Newsjack - Series 8 Page 28

Seem to be on a little bit of a role productivity wise - I only sent in two sketches last week but I've written four so far for this one.

Where do people stand on using ATMOS at the start of sketches?

Do it.

Only managed two sketches this week... Really struggled to come up with any decent ideas.

Quote: blahblah @ March 11 2013, 9:58 AM GMT

As Badge says do it, they use ATMOS effects in quite a few NJ sketches so you might as well suggest what you want used.

I managed three sketches again.

If I can do the same next weekend, it'll be the first time I've submitted the maximum of eighteen during a single series of Newsjack.

Quote: Elliott S @ March 11 2013, 11:48 AM GMT

Only managed two sketches this week... Really struggled to come up with any decent ideas.

Yes me too! Now that the deadline has passed can I ask what other topics people chose to write sketches about?

Quote: Winger @ March 11 2013, 5:02 PM GMT

Yes me too! Now that the deadline has passed can I ask what other topics people chose to write sketches about?

Sebastian Faulks writing a Jeeves and Wooster
Those folks who found they had a very valuable Van Dyck lying around the house.
And (probably unwisely) guns in South Dakota schools. Hopefully it's a silly enough take that it won't be deemed too tasteless.

Quote: David Salisbury @ March 11 2013, 6:01 PM GMT

Sebastian Faulks writing a Jeeves and Wooster
Those folks who found they had a very valuable Van Dyck lying around the house.
And (probably unwisely) guns in South Dakota schools. Hopefully it's a silly enough take that it won't be deemed too tasteless.

Thanks David. Spotting the ridiculous story for a sketch seems to be a talent I haven't accrued just yet. The Van Dyke one being a great example for that.

I ended up just writing the obvious Pope/Miss World competition and the 2000th Miliband sketch they've had to read.

I enjoy your blog by the way, it's very helpful.

Quote: Winger @ March 11 2013, 5:02 PM GMT

I went with the Aussie cricket shambles, and the former Apprentice winner employment tribunal.

Not that anything of mine has been recorded or broadcast so far.

Quote: blahblah @ March 11 2013, 9:58 AM GMT

Sontarian Scum!

Hmm. Interesting https://twitter.com/NadiaKamil/status/311435659208433664

Dan

very interesting. wonder why

Let the conspiracy theories begin.

Justin Edwards was actually Chris Huhne in disguise and can no longer do the show as he's in prison.