Brushes with the law Page 2

Quote: bigfella @ March 7 2013, 7:53 AM GMT

I was arrested once. Three police men arrived at our house at 6.30. And carted me off. Locked up in a cell. No shoes in case I hung my 43 stone frame with my laces. 2 hours of questioning by Juliet Bravo.

Seriously.

.....waits for episode 2....

Quote: bigfella @ March 7 2013, 7:53 AM GMT

I was arrested once. Three police men arrived at our house at 6.30. And carted me off. Locked up in a cell. No shoes in case I hung my 43 stone frame with my laces. 2 hours of questioning by Juliet Bravo.

Seriously.

For what? I please don't refer me to your autobiography!

.....the suspense is mildly irritating me...

Some offices we vacated ended up being trashed....it was a good job from the pictures we saw.

The police had to start somewhere, so they started with us.

A little heavy handed for criminal damage and someone with no criminal history.

And no not me, we think insurance job that went too far.

Say no more, bigfella. Message understood. ;)

When I was about 18, I got rather annoyed that this employment agency had only managed to find me one day's worth of work in three months. Anyway, I was rather drunk on cider one Saturday afternoon, so rang them up and shouted some obscenities at them. A few days later a policeman - who had the fattest fingers I had ever seen - paid a visit to my house and gave me a ticking off.

Quote: Lazzard @ March 6 2013, 5:49 PM GMT

Driving home from a gig at the Hope & Anchor ( Ian Dury & the Blockheads) with a car full of mates and a belly full of beer, I managed to overshoot the lights at the Angel and career into a small square...straight in front of a police van full of filth.
I thought the wisest thing would be to reverse up to them and apologise.
I reversed up and hit their van.
The only reason I got away with it was that they were laughing so much they couldn't be arsed to book me.

Laughing out loud

Reasons to be Cheerful part 4

I got very drunk and ended up in a cell over night. They would have let me out much earlier but due to my disruptive behaviour I was kept in until the following afternoon. So I have been fingerprinted and swabbed. I would like to say I was a silly teenager, but I was in my 30's at the time. :(

Well it was the 60's :P

I once imported a car, a BMW I think, through a broker for a customer. Shortly after it turned up my car stock was being swarmed over by the police and the BMW was taken away and stripped down. Turned out this broker was importing 'other stuff' hidden in these cars ( I knew nothing of that I hasten to add! )
Anyway, I was arrested and questioned on suspicion of being involved in the importation of drugs! Me!! I couldn't believe it. Luckily Terry... Oh, hold on, this wasn't me it was an episode of 'Minder'
As you were.

Quote: Will Cam @ March 8 2013, 9:59 AM GMT

Well it was the 60's :P

Laughing out loud

When I got nicked I had the health of my noggin assessed by a brilliantly sinister doctor. He was like Vernon Dobtcheff.

Quote: Sinon @ March 8 2013, 10:23 AM GMT

I once imported a car, a BMW I think, through a broker for a customer. Shortly after it turned up my car stock was being swarmed over by the police and the BMW was taken away and stripped down. Turned out this broker was importing 'other stuff' hidden in these cars ( I knew nothing of that I hasten to add! )
Anyway, I was arrested and questioned on suspicion of being involved in the importation of drugs! Me!! I couldn't believe it. Luckily Terry... Oh, hold on, this wasn't me it was an episode of 'Minder'
As you were.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Ben @ March 7 2013, 6:43 PM GMT

When I was about 18, I got rather annoyed that this employment agency had only managed to find me one day's worth of work in three months. Anyway, I was rather drunk on cider one Saturday afternoon, so rang them up and shouted some obscenities at them. A few days later a policeman - who had the fattest fingers I had ever seen - paid a visit to my house and gave me a ticking off.

Did the agency dial 1471?