Favourite Fast Show characters? Page 4

@shaggy292 yes I have looked high and low for that sketch again and have never found it

As people have said, SO many to choose from, they were all pretty special, but I did like the family of drunks.
"I'm not pissed you know" "You smell nice, what's that smell?" "Gin".

I think pretty much any character played by Simon Day was a winner - but then I can't take Mark Williams seriously on the Discovery Channel, keep expecting him to say:"And this is Isambard Kingdom Brunel's greatest invention......I'll get me coat."

I remember going to see The Fast Show and Shooting Stars Live (on the same bill). That was a funny night!

Just spotted this thread...Brilliant!
I loved the Fast Show...Ted and Ralph as everyone (nearly!) said are amongst my favs,no one mentioned the pervy 'me? the 15th Duke of Wilblem, here in ...' guy, liked him,
I had a little crush on ol Roly Birkin, he was great...but then again I was very very drunk Pleased

Quote: shaggy292 @ March 5 2010, 10:18 PM BST

Does anyone remember a stand-alone sketch featuring Felix Dexter and Colin McFarlane where they play two Jamaican mates who bump into each other on the street, with Dexter unleashing a load of patois that we assume McFarlane understands, but then McFarlane says, in a West Country accent: "No. I can't keep up with that. I don't know what the bloody hell you're on about"?

Anyone?

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcEA4qAl9m8

Quote: shaggy292 @ March 28 2011, 10:13 PM BST

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcEA4qAl9m8

Thank you shaggy, I have looked everywhere for this

... another Fast Show fanatic here!!!

So much so, I may have already commented on this topic?

Anyway, 99% of The Fast Show gets my vote as "favourite characters" ... but if I was forced to pick a few, these would be at the top of the pile:

1) The Off Roaders
2) Ted & Ralph
3) Unlucky Alf
4) Rowley Birkin, QC
5) Bob Fleming

All the best,
Cal :)

Ed Winchester, definitely.

Arthur Anderson from the Tommy Cockles sketch, loved his catchphrase"Where's me washboard?" Also liked Caroline Aherene Woman on the train with her husband Roy played by John Thompson. The "You Ain't see me man" played by Mark Williams.

"I did NOT say I could shit through the eye of a needle, ROY!!"

Surprised to see a lot of love for Arthur Atkinson here, as aside from the one where he accidentally swore, and perhaps the one where he was a begrudging film star (Right, I'm off....) I couldn't be doing with that one.

Wasn't really a fan of whatever the character Simon Day played, usually in a pub, the know it all guy who'd tell you what buttons to press on the fruit machine and work out your change etc.
Bit boring IMO

As for my top ones, I have to say I might be alone but I really liked Colin Hunt, even if it did cut a bit close to the bone sometimes (I'm not the coolest person Whistling nnocently )
He began as a parody of their own catchphrase quoting fans in offices but then developed. His Sketch where he was trying to give directions to someone but couldn't help inserting his classic jokes was one of the best.

And it might have been stupid and purile, but I my absolute favourite was the Chanel 9 stuff.
Every reference of Chris Waddle/Eth eth eth eth eth/sminky pinky/fallia halla, fallia hellay etc has me rolling around for some reason I cannot logically explain, but that's always the way with the best comedy I find.

Quite a long post this.......which was nice.

Too many to mention! Such a great show! Does anyone remember Mark Williams giving directions?

"Yow'll come up to a tree. Lovely old tree, then yow'll come to a wall, and ya'm thinking, where do I goo now? With an Owl!"

Yeah I loved that too Laughing out loud

I liked Arabella weir doing the woman that went all soppy and girly whenever a man turned up and started talking to her

"my furry front bottom is a bit hurty"

They need to repeat the shit! Please, God controller of BBC2 or maybe Dave, can you buy it please?

Quote: lofthouse @ March 4 2013, 6:46 PM GMT

"my furry front bottom is a bit hurty"

:D

Do you like Cheese? Do you like Peas? You'll love Cheesy Peas!

The best moment in any of the Fast Show episodes was that Chanel 9 'Big Show' sketch where Charlie Higson was doing a song which went 'Disco baby sexy baby hot' & the backing singers sung the chorus: 'Wanka! Wanka! Wanka!'

The pissed family were good: 'I'm glad I'm not pissed or I could have smacked my head on that'. And Rowley Birkin, especially in the last ever episodes where he was 'absolutely stone cold sober' (initially).