I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again

I am trying to track down the appearance of King Lear which was in one of the 13 episodes of Curse of the Flying Wombat. Anybody out there know which one it was?

I've edited title so that more than one person in a hundred might understand it. ;)

People who don't recognise ISIRTA probably won't know the answer !

'Isirta' did look a bit like some random foreign word though. :)

Yeah, could be the Palestinian secret servise or something.

My name is Angus Prune
and I always listen to I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again
(You Don't!)
My name is Angus Prune
and I never miss I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again
(Get Away!)
I sit in my bath
And I have a good laugh
Cause the sig tune is named after me
(Tell us yer name!)
My name is Angus Prune
And this is my tune
It goes I-S-I-R-T-A
I'm Sorry I'll Read That AGAIN!

This might be off some help to you! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b009zbr2/episodes/guide

Quote: Nigel Ball @ March 2 2013, 3:29 PM GMT

This might be off some help to you! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b009zbr2/episodes/guide

Not that I can see. No mentions of wombats through searching each series.

Oh well, at least he can contact them and find out what's what. Forward thinking.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ March 2 2013, 6:40 PM
GMT

Forward thinking.

Almost as forward thinking as consulting a forum, rather than relying on Google...

Episode 7

Quote: Tim Azure @ March 3 2013, 9:44 AM GMT

Almost as forward thinking as consulting a forum, rather than relying on Google...

Oh well, coming to think of it I was asked for directions by a woman in a car. I noticed a Sat Nav on her dash board, maybe I should have told her to use ya Sat Nav and walked away. I like to help the people.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ March 3 2013, 3:43 PM GMT

Oh well, coming to think of it I was asked for directions by a woman in a car. I noticed a Sat Nav on her dash board, maybe I should have told her to use ya Sat Nav and walked away. I like to help the people.

Yes, but if you need a Sat Nav for your home town you're in trouble.

Surely it can't be forty nine years since this first started? I know it's eleven years before my time, but..

EDIT: Curse of the Flying Wombat was Series 4 (according to The Clue Bible).

Oh dear, oh dear, oh very 'effin' dear.

Been a big fan of this since I first heard it around 1966 and was so pleased to see they were going to repeat it from the very first episode from 1964 (on Radio 4+), which I had never heard.

How those six very funny people could put on a such an abysmal show I'll never know. What were they thinking of?

It was dire! But thank God somehow it went on to become a radio classic.

Episode 2 and it doesn't get a lot better. Too many "funny" songs by Bill Oddie too.

Well............................................it got slightly better, but ONLY slightly, which has been a surprise to me as it did develop into a very funny series which I happened upon by chance when I first caught it in 1966 at 6.30pm on what I think was then the Home Service.

Announcer on Radio 4+ said at the end this week's (!) that that was it for Series One, so there were only 3 episodes in 1964 and from what I have heard I am very surprised that the BBC gave it a second series, although glad they did and wonder if it was because of what clearly became a trend by commissioning work by the "new wave" of university graduates.
I noticed too that Graeme Garden didn't feature in this abysmal first series and so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him that put the spark into it, anon.

Having said all that, there was one good sketch in this final episode 3, with David Hatch being interviewed by John Cleese for a job in the Secret Service - now that was funny and smacked of Flying Circus. In fact, it reminded me that I'm sure I've heard this sketch before, maybe not in the Python series but perhaps one of the Secret Policeman's Balls where Michael Palin took the part of David Hatch.

JC "You might be tortured - can you stand pain?"
MP "Oh yes and I certainly hope so"

Summat like that, but much funnier of course.