Things that piss you off Page 1,204

Quote: Harridan @ March 1 2013, 3:23 PM GMT

Yep, and then after they've ordered twice as much as you "Shall we just split the bill?" Seems to happen a lot at Chinese/tapas places where people seem to forget the limits of their stomach and just order everything.

While the money thing can be an issue, it's the pressure to over-eat which I dislike most. My biggest problem comes if I'm dragged to an 'all you can eat' place; there's a fantastic one in my city, packed full of tempting stuff, so how am I expected to not eat every last thing?

Quote: chipolata @ March 1 2013, 2:15 PM GMT

That's pretty much a description of children too. Although on the plus side you can mentally f**k children up for the rest of their lives.

Laughing out loud as the purpose of having children is creating a poor sod who'll take care of you when you're old and enfeebled, you don't want to f**k their minds too bad.

so I'll stick to pets: cheaper, more affectionate, unable to poison my tea to speed up inheriting and have the good taste of not looking like me at all.

This is probably in the top 10 of BCG arguments.

Dudes just order a pizza it's not like any one likes you anyway?

Quote: Hell's Granny @ March 1 2013, 7:11 PM GMT

Laughing out loud as the purpose of having children is creating a poor sod who'll take care of you when you're old and enfeebled, you don't want to f**k their minds too bad.

Have you never seen Psycho? F**king them up is the way to ensure you keep them at your beck and call, even after you are dead.

TTPYO: Stupid metaphors. When talking about UKIP getting more votes than the Conservatives, a journalist said that voters had gone for the concentrated 'cordial' politics of UKIP, rather than the 'watered down' version the Tories offer. But that makes no sense, because cordial is meant to be watered down, having it without water isn't desirable to some people, like having vodka without tonic, it's like having, erm, cordial without water.

Quote: Harridan @ March 1 2013, 2:02 PM GMT

Oh yes, that is annoying. Or people who agree to go out to dinner and then when they arrive say something like "I'll just have a tap water, I ate earlier because I'm a bit skint." Yeah, because I really want to sit in a restaurant and eat a full dinner while my friend sits opposite me with just a glass of water.

Lucky none of mates have tried that one. When I can get people to come out to dinner we either go to share places or order things about the same price, so don't mind spliting the bill.

Despite the fact I love going out, I seem to befriend people who don't.

I hate that angry new cancer advert.

Being angry at something so inanimate (well, not inanimate, but you know what I mean) is just weird to me.

May as well be furious at comets, earthquakes, viruses and freezing cold water.

I think it's supposed to offer something different from people whispering the word in a scared way, like they do on other ads that mention it.

Talking of adverts that one trying to get us to start a conversation on mental illness always makes me smile. I can think of nothing worse than having to talk to somebody about them being mental.

What % of the posts on this thread are about adverts?

They seem to piss everyone off...

I think its the lack of sincerity. That new Honda advert is disgracefully pretentious.

That stupid chav twat in a hoody saying she's the boiled sweet that gets stuck in my kid's throat.
I don't even have a kid, so kindly cock off.

I didn't think they still did boiled sweets.

Quote: zooo @ March 2 2013, 12:58 PM GMT

That stupid chav twat in a hoody saying she's the boiled sweet that gets stuck in my kid's throat.
I don't even have a kid, so kindly cock off.

What exactly are they advertising?

The Red Cross, I think.

Why does the boiler always break down when you've just put shampoo in your hair? So. Cold.