Benidorm - Series 6

The comedy set in all inclusive resort is returning in Autumn 2013 with Series 6. In my opinion Series 5 was dreadful. I think shorter episodes and better scripts is the improvement for the next series?

The original characters were brilliant.

Wasn't 'Mick' out for most of the last series? It's not the same without one or two of the other regular characters we saw in the first few series either.

It does seem like the series is being filled with generic cardboard cut outs rather than rounded characters you can believe in.

When do they stop filming this?

I really did love Benidorm , but sadly when Series 5 aired I was quite disappointed and considering Derren Litten said Series 4 was going to be his last. He just wants the money he's flogging a dead horse and he hasn't got any more ideas anyway so he'll probably get Steve Pemberton to write a lot of it for him like Series 5. Waste of time!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001116/itv_comedy_benidorm_series_6_details/

Can't wait for this.

Series 1 was the best in my opinion.

Quote: David Smith @ April 16 2013, 7:45 PM BST

Series 1 was the best in my opinion.

Yes! Series 2 was good , Series 3 was good , Series 4 was decent , Series 5 was pretty shite!

Yep Series 5 was rubbish.

I love Benidorm, I love all of the series.

We're getting closer! January 2014 is when they say it'll be coming out.

I don't see what people mean when they say Series 5 was rubbish, I thought it was one of he better ones. I think Joyce Temple-Savage is a fantastic character, bringing the behind the scenes of the resort more to the forefront. The episode with Kate O'Mara as a novelist mistaken for a Hotel Inspector was so reminiscent to me of Fawlty Towers, hilarious. Mind you, Benidorm isn't played on tele over here so I watched the entire series so far over a two week period so I didn't have time to sit and mull over what was better than what.

I can see what you mean with certain characters being cardboard cut outs, they weren't really fleshed out you're right but I am glad that the cast is being changed up, it would be boring with the same people every single year (as great as most of them are). What always makes me marvel is how Steve Pemberton can play such a cliche mancunian (really, he could be my Uncle Ken) considering some of the bizarre characters he's done in the past. I for one am really looking forward to it.

Yes, me too.

... :$ and this is why we don't rely on Wikipedia for the information and only on the British Comedy Guide. I checked the wiki site and in one sentence it says late summer 2013, then at the end it will broadcast early 2014. But the citation is vimeo... so I don't know now. hmm, well, umm. Yes.