Hancock's Half Hour Page 5

Ah, thanks for that.

Not one I've got in my Hancock books but I've just ordered it. £2.59 delivered in VGC !

Quote: Agnes Guano @ February 22 2013, 10:00 AM GMT

HATTIE: All I can see on the wallpaper are bunches of grapes.
TONY: Who's asking you? Of course you can see bunches of grapes, that's the pattern. You've got to use your imagination to see the little faces. (pause) What's the time?
BILL: The little hand's on...
TONY: Oh not you, somebody else.

OldRocker is correct (regarding the broadcast script). There is a long, laugh-less pause after Hattie's line above.

Tony then comes in with: 'What's the time?

Leaving the audience to make what they can of Hattie's line.

I've been inspired to stick the record on - yes Hattie's line is definitely edited! Hope the book arrives safely, even the Hancock scripts make me chuckle.

Oooh the bunch of grapes wallpaper gets a mention again in Hancock's School from March 1958.

A few of the episodes were edited for record and tape certainly - it has caught me out on occasion to hear different versions with sections cut.

If you're listening to modern R7/R4/E broadcasts, they're often cut further, by a good minute or two at times.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ February 24 2013, 3:10 PM GMT

Hope the book arrives safely, even the Hancock scripts make me chuckle.

Arrived today ta ! Pretty good nick as well. Bargain !

I really don't see what the fuss is all about. Hancock's Half Hour is completely past its sell by date, let's just leave it in the 60s. It wasn't even funny then.

Quote: G180e @ February 27 2013, 7:57 PM GMT

I really don't see what the fuss is all about. Hancock's Half Hour is completely past its sell by date, let's just leave it in the 60s. It wasn't even funny then.

:O :O

'Keep him talking . . I'll phone.'

:D

I really don't see what the fuss is all about. Hancock's Half Hour is completely past its sell by date

Misguided, but opinion.

let's just leave it in the 60s. It wasn't even funny then.

Astonishingly ignorant.

I've said it before but my boss once said he'd rather gouge his eyes out than watch Hancock's Half Hour. But as he thinks Big Bang Theory is top of the comedy pile his opinion should be treated with the utmost suspicion.

He could listen to it.

SAAH for example.

Mind you, as you say . . . . . .

Quote: Tuumble @ February 28 2013, 12:07 AM GMT

I've said it before but my boss once said he'd rather gouge his eyes out than watch Hancock's Half Hour. But as he thinks Big Bang Theory is top of the comedy pile his opinion should be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Of recent years/decades, it rather is.