Big Train Page 5

David, why be so cryptic and unhelpful? There are plenty of reasons people might want subtitles. Just bow out of the discussion gracefully if you've no suggestions to offer about the availability of such.

I honestly didn't understand what he was getting at to start with. The first thing that came to mind was the punk group.

(Never confused!)

Well the reason I need UK subs is simple really. I want to give the Big Train series 1 to a friend of mine who can't understand english and miss all the jokes and fun
if I'd find english srt subs I could easily translate them into greek subs but now it is too much of a work to do it (times and such...)
as for the confusion with the punk band I believe I am in a British comedy forum under the section Big Train. that is why I asked:
"Please help. I need to find UK subs for Big Train but I can't seem find anywhere!"

UK subs for Big Train...British Comedy Guide forums...Big Train section...YES! he must be talking about the punk band called UK subs!

Quote: Davarish @ April 26 2010, 2:08 PM BST

as for the confusion with the punk band I believe I am in a British comedy forum under the section Big Train. that is why I asked:
"Please help. I need to find UK subs for Big Train but I can't seem find anywhere!"

UK subs for Big Train...British Comedy Guide forums...Big Train section...YES! he must be talking about the punk band called UK subs!

:D

(I think it's his old man eyes. And brain.)

My first instinct was to think of UK Subs the band as well, and I'm not quite as old as Dave C. (Chapman, not Cameron)

Thought I'd add my 2 cents two years after the last post. My personal favourite was the unprovoked 1970s style fight with Mark Heap kicking ass at a dinner party because Kevin Eldon offered to take his coat. The cat and mouse fight was good too (or was it cat and dog?). And the horse riders annoying the firefighters.

Quote: Ed Parnell @ July 24 2007, 5:43 AM GMT

Actually BG encompassed a great many sketch forms; the repetition, the slight, teh sudden reveal, consequence. And all of them it did with great results. I agree the staring thing got old, though. I think it was more a comment on the commentators than it was on the staring.

Loved the Hypnotist, The Pervert, The Dusseldorf proposal, Opinion Of Your Own, Dating and The Tin Man. Excellent. if you want to see Sketch Comedy in Britain done to perfection, this is the thing to watch.

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything anyone has ever said as much as I agree with this.

And what a cast! In the modern era only Spitting Image and The Day Today have come close to smooshing this much comedy genius into yr tellybox in one fell swoop. Eldon! Davis! Heap! Bullimore! Front! Pre-Coldplay-and-David-Schwimmer-Pegg! If they'd budged up a bit and found room for Serafinowicz it would've been perfect.

In terms of great sketches I'd add Kevin Eldon as Chairman Mao singing 'Virginia Plain', The Artist Formerly Known as Prince vs Jockeys, Simon Pegg is a Man Who Has Trouble With Doors, People On The Bus Doing the 'Home and Away' Theme Tune, and particularly, Shirehorse Recreates Marilyn Monroe's Last Moments to 'Wonderful Tonight.'

History will be kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUEV4rnu5V8

Was that some... comment, about me not being married?

Apparently it won a BAFTA for Broken Comedy, quite right too. But what happened to the category?

Never really been a fan of sketch shows but Big Train was one of thr exceptions. Like a light version of Jam.

First post on this for a while but I'm trying to ID a skit that I think was on Big Train that I saw many years ago. I skipped through every ep the other day and couldn't find it. I swear one or both of Kevin Eldon and Mark Heap had to be in it... The gist of it was a guy was inspecting a place (to rent IIRC), and another guy shows him a bedroom and the guy inspecting the place jumps on the bed on his back and starts kicking up his legs as if he was engaging in some, errr, bedroom activity. I just remember spitting out my drink when I first saw it. Was it Big Train or some other show?

For whatever reason, never got round to watching this, only really knew the famous Prince/Jockey one. However started tonight and it's wonderful (except the staring competition). I swear no matter what the sketch Kevin Eldon can do no wrong, the jockey firefighter one is my favourite,

Staring competition was awesome!!

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd October 2018, 10:13 PM

Staring competition was awesome!!

It is. I've got the action book of it.

Best sketch show by far. Surreal.