Best comedy theme tune? Page 10

An unusual theme song was for the short lived sitcom The Loser.

It starred Leonard Rossister as a manager at the fag end of British wrestling. The song was a I could have been a contender type rant from Leonard Rossister about his character's situation.

Best comedy theme tune ever has to be Coming Of Age's theme tune. I don't know the name of it but I know it was done by unsigned band Kate Goes and composer Richie Webb. It's a simple and very annoying theme tune, just as a comedy theme tune should be. :P

A very good theme tune is the one to "The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin" although it doesn't sound like a comedy tune more like drama series music; Neil Hannon uses it as intro music.

Steptoe And Son for me. Cheers and Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em would be second and third. I also love the catchy Comedy Playhouse theme by Ron Grainer, especially the commercial recording which is on a boxed set of old TV themes.

The MASH theme. Suicide is Painless is the best of the themes I think. :)

Quote: Funny Johnny @ February 6 2013, 1:37 PM GMT

The MASH theme. Suicide is Painless is the best of the themes I think. :)

Some of the Americans are really good; poppy and soft-rocky. The work as songs themselves without the show.
As you said, "Suicide..." but also the one from "Cheers" or "Taxi". And the one from "Greatest American Hero is great too.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ February 6 2013, 2:18 PM GMT

Some of the Americans are really good; poppy and soft-rocky. The work as songs themselves without the show.
As you said, "Suicide..." but also the one from "Cheers" or "Taxi". And the one from "Greatest American Hero is great too.

Yeah, that's right. They are also very good songs.

That was maybe mentioned before...but I like the theme tune to How I Met Your Mother. Very catchy and uplifting.

Curb Your Enthusiasm!

I am ashamed to admit I can still remember all the words to the theme to In Sickness and In Health (performed by Chas and Dave).
It's not my favourite - it just seems to have stuck in my head.

Auf Wiedersehen , Pet series 2 theme tune. Get it Right by Joe Fagin.

Men of the World (John Simm, David Threlfall) - a nice singalong and totally addictive.

Been so long since I have been on these boards that I just realised I said this 5 pages ago :$

For me Cheers..

Quote: Jowan Mounsey @ March 21 2013, 11:32 AM GMT

For me Cheers..

Yes, that's really great. I like those American AOR soft rock songs.

"You win some, You lose some, You keep on smiling through the blues some. Every day's another day of your life"

That's my favourite.