The general pop/rock - music thread Page 21

Cool?

Rubbish !

I DIDN'T GET WHERE I AM TODAY BY USING THE THEME TUNE TO REGINALD PERRIN AS INTRO MUSIC

Angry

:D

Listening to...

Natural Order - Talk Talk (Album tracks and B sides chosen by Mark Hollis - a companion to the Natural History 'Best of' collection)

Lost Sirens - New Order (unreleased tracks from the 'Waiting for the Siren's Call' album)

The Lost are Found - Claudia Brucken (cover versions of obscure songs)

Quote: Tuumble @ January 29 2013, 3:45 PM GMT

Listening to...

Natural Order - Talk Talk (Album tracks and B sides chosen by Mark Hollis - a companion to the Natural History 'Best of' collection)

Stop making me buy stuff! >_<

Didn't even know this Talk Talk compilation existed (the cover looks unfamiliar). Very looking forward to hear the new New Order outtakes album.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 29 2013, 3:49 PM GMT

Stop making me buy stuff! >_<

There's an expanded 2 disc edition with videos from the singles as well :)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 29 2013, 3:58 PM GMT

Didn't even know this Talk Talk compilation existed (the cover looks unfamiliar). Very looking forward to hear the new New Order outtakes album.

Only came out this week I think. Even though includes the new romantic synth pop stuff at the beginning it still works with the later 'post-rock'. I had all the tracks anyway but it's cool to hear this way especially as Mark Hollis has been persuaded to not be Howard Hughes for a while.

The New Order album is out now and you can hear all albums three I posted on Spotify...

Quote: Tuumble @ January 29 2013, 4:11 PM GMT

There's an expanded 2 disc edition with videos from the singles as well :)

*shakes fist*

That is perfidious. People who are not sure if they want to buy the b-sides are baited by the videos to the singles.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 29 2013, 4:24 PM GMT

That is perfidious.

Is that a type of tree?

By the way: "Life's What You Make It" is a good example for a great song with a great video.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 29 2013, 4:27 PM GMT

Is that a type of tree?

No it means you have strange sexual preferences...I think. ;)

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 29 2013, 4:27 PM GMT

Is that a type of tree?

No, it's a track by The Ventures.

Quote: Tuumble @ January 29 2013, 4:11 PM GMT

synth pop

Speaking of synth pop, Depeche Mode will release a new album this year.

Oh goody

Yet another Depeche mode album that won't be a patch on Violater!

I liked "Construction Time Again" of the earliest ones...then "Black Celebration" wasn't bad..."Music For..." had some bloody good singles, "Songs Of Faith..." was great except for that Condemnation single. The last few ones weren't great but make a solid latter days career.

A new photograph of Blues devil Robert Johnson has appeared. Before that only two pics of him existed in the public mind.