Mr Bean Page 3

I'm watching Mr. Bean right now as I post. I'm watching the one where he's trying to get the antenna signal to work on his TV.

I used to love this show as a kid and I've decided to rewatch them again to see how they stand up with all the years that have gone by. Honestly it's a pretty fun show, but not as good as I used to think it was.

Aside from the exam, the horror movie and the swimming bit previously mentioned, the beach and Queen bits are some of the best bits I've seen.

Quote: Edwin @ February 2 2013, 7:01 AM GMT

Aside from the exam, the horror movie and the swimming bit previously mentioned, the beach and Queen bits are some of the best bits I've seen.

Yes.

I also like Mr Bean very much, it's great and timeless slapstick comedy which can be understood by everyone in the world no matter where he comey from or what his educational background is. I think my favourite sketches are in the cinema, New Year's Eve, the fun fair, the barber shop and the whole Christmas episode, especially the "nativity play". When I was a ten-year old kid and watched this scene for the first time I almost died laughing. Laughing out loud

My wife and Son and I watched it for one season when our Son was about 6. The three of us enjoyed it immensely. Bought The Full Bean "for my son" on his 20th birthday and he was thrilled.

Nicer yet, the 3 of us ,again, sit and laugh together!

And YES the Beach and Queen scenes are classic!!!

Yep, hard to think of any other sitcom with much more broader appeal than this - across all age groups, nationalities, etc.

My favourite would be The Christmas with his date and The Exam. Hard to pick though, plenty of favs to choose from :)

Quote: Mike Selway @ June 8 2013, 2:52 AM BST

My wife and Son and I watched it for one season when our Son was about 6. The three of us enjoyed it immensely. Bought The Full Bean "for my son" on his 20th birthday and he was thrilled.

Nicer yet, the 3 of us ,again, sit and laugh together!

Quote: Maurice Moss @ June 11 2013, 4:51 PM BST

Yep, hard to think of any other sitcom with much more broader appeal than this - across all age groups, nationalities, etc.

Yes. Much better family entertainment than any of those crappy "talent" shows.

I always get in "Bean-Mood" during Christmas and New Year. A guilty pleasure.

I have been re-watching these again along with the 2 movies. It is still very funny, I wish Rowan would come back and do more but I suppose everything has its day.

Get in! Mr Bean is coming back for Comic Relief 2015! https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001690/rowan_atkinson_to_return_as_mr_bean_for_2015/

Nice to hear the new animated episodes will be airing from next week.

Mr. Bean is coming to comics. You can read about it right here http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/36048/mr-bean-comes-comics

To see more Mr. Bean artwork go to the Dabel Brothers Facebook page, enjoy :)

Remember Mr. Bean in America? Actually, best to forget that :D

Has the female child - now adult woman - who snorkels Bean's swim trunks at the swimming centre then walks off with them while her parents do nothing - ever come forward to Bean or Atkinson fandom?

Quote: Ernst Dabel @ 17th November 2016, 11:11 PM

Mr. Bean is coming to comics. You can read about it right here http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/36048/mr-bean-comes-comics

To see more Mr. Bean artwork go to the Dabel Brothers Facebook page, enjoy :)

That looks like 2 years ago.

Has anyone seen any of these comics?

I have a family photo from that era taken at my local swimming centre of the beginners swimmers class and EVERY ONE of the small girls is wearing some variation of the swimsuit the little girl in The Curse of Mr Bean wore.

And of course even if eighties culture and fashion hadn't "hung over", since there was no year zero, 1990 is part of the previous decade.

The essence of " Mr. Bean " is freedom, The preference for freedom is the root cause of the popularity of" Mr. Bean ". ( " Mr. Hulot "also has a similar personality )

Each of us has to face many constraints, including various rules, identities, worldliness, etc., so we sigh "live very tired". When we were amused by the carefree and free Mr. Bean, I got a complete relaxation that abandoned all kinds of complicated things.

" Mr. Bean " is particularly popular in some countries that are relatively free but have long feudal history.