The Big Bang Theory Page 11

Agree with you on the 'napkin' scene

Side splitting

I've enjoyed the new series so far

An improvement on the last two

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ December 23 2012, 1:28 PM GMT

For me it was the Christmas edition when Penny got the Leonard Nimoy signed napkin. Sheldon's reaction was classic and had me falling about laughing.............and still does!!
(Point here - I wonder WHY they don't get him in a cameo role? It would be fantastic!!)

My daughter's favourite was when Sheldon bought Amy the tiara. Perfect timing, how she went on about him trying to "bribe" her with a "sorry gift", and then she unwrapped it. Brilliant!

Two of my favourite scenes too!

Nimoy has had a cameo role

Kinda

He appeared to Sheldon as an action figure in his dreams

Fascinating...

Quote: lofthouse @ December 23 2012, 8:37 PM GMT

Nimoy has had a cameo role

Kinda

He appeared to Sheldon as an action figure in his dreams

Fascinating...

Well, I wasn't going to mention it as it was also a voice double, but presumably they would have had to got his permission to do it, so why not have him on there? Is Mr Nimoy not well does anyone know?

Stephen Hawking has been up for it!!

Oh was it not really him?!

I didny realise

Sounded just like him to me

Quote: lofthouse @ December 24 2012, 11:41 AM GMT

Oh was it not really him?!

I didny realise

Sounded just like him to me

Well, that's what voice doubles do, BUT I stand corrected! :$ I have now checked, and although he wasn't credited in the titles it WAS him doing the voice.

Apologies! Angelic And there was me thinking it didn't sound like him. What the F do I know! Whistling nnocently

SO, even more so - why hasn't he appeared in any episode? Wouldn't that be great?? Imagine the fun they could have with that - him and Sheldon.

Quote: Aaron @ July 12 2012, 11:57 AM BST

I really don't get some of the complaints: to me, right from episode 1, this has been the Penny and Leonard show. Sure, we all see how utterly mental Sheldon is, but it's the contrast, and constant to-and-fro, between Leonard and Penny that really provides the best conflict and clearest, most interesting clashes of just how different the boys are from 'normal' people. And, IMO, the best and most interesting storylines too.

Well, maybe Penny and Leonard provide the best storylines - though I'm not sure. The best scenes are often Penny and Sheldon, though.

They did very well for a few series then the inevitable happened, after 80 odd episodes in a very short period it looked repetitive and samey. What sitcom wouldn't?

I agree with pretty much everyone who thinks the quality of this sitcom has gone down a bit.

However Amy despite getting little time compared to the main characters (Sheldon, Leonard and Penny) has constantly been the highlight whenever she gets a line.

If this were a boxing match they'd call this a thrilla adjacent to the amygdala.

We can go to the cadaver lab at UCLA and play real life operation.

Say the word; I got a lab full of cocaine addicted monkeys with nothing to lose. One of them could end in the backseat of her car or her shower.

Laughing out loud

Dr Einstein Von Brainstorm.

I'm still laughing at that one.

It did seem that the previous season had evolved into yet another post-Friends couples sitcom, albeit a very well written one. This season the writers do seem to have made a descision to move away from this, there has been at least one episode that featured only the original 5 main characters.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ December 23 2012, 1:28 PM GMT

My daughter's favourite was when Sheldon bought Amy the tiara. Perfect timing, how she went on about him trying to "bribe" her with a "sorry gift", and then she unwrapped it. Brilliant!

Yes a good scene, and she's a funny chrarcter, but I can't help thinking she belongs in her own sitcom, not TBBT, which has changed so much from what it was.

Quote: Edwin @ January 22 2013, 12:52 AM GMT

I agree with pretty much everyone who thinks the quality of this sitcom has gone down a bit.

However Amy despite getting little time compared to the main characters (Sheldon, Leonard and Penny) has constantly been the highlight whenever she gets a line.

That's sort of my main problem with the show now, she does steal scenes easily, fine if it's a spin off show where she's the main character, but for me, not fine in TBBT because that should be Sheldon's job.

But I'm probably talking about the last series as I haven't caught up with the latest one yet.

Last night's show was a goody.

Howard sat in Sheldon's spot, naked, with Sheldon's laptop on his 'junk'.

"Revenge is a dish best served nude."

Laughing out loud

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ January 23 2013, 12:04 PM GMT

Yes a good scene, and she's a funny chrarcter, but I can't help thinking she belongs in her own sitcom, not TBBT, which has changed so much from what it was.

That's sort of my main problem with the show now, she does steal scenes easily, fine if it's a spin off show where she's the main character, but for me, not fine in TBBT because that should be Sheldon's job.

But I'm probably talking about the last series as I haven't caught up with the latest one yet.

She has consistent funny one liners in various scenes through episodes, but she's not consistent enough like Sheldon to be the main character of a spin off.

You'll see what I mean when you get up to the newer episodes.

Quote: lofthouse @ January 23 2013, 6:32 PM GMT

Last night's show was a goody.

Howard sat in Sheldon's spot, naked, with Sheldon's laptop on his 'junk'.

"Revenge is a dish best served nude."

Laughing out loud

You guys are pretty up to date then, just a few episodes behind. The next 2 episodes are alright, but the 2 afterwards are really good.

I only started watching recently and watched lots of them.
So don't really notice changes in quality or style that much.

But it is getting a little bit paint by numbers, when it seemed to have more heart before.
But that's often the way.