Blandings - Series 1

What did everyone think of this? I thought it was very good.

Wasn't quite the pacy, laugh-out-loud show that it perhaps could have been, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just plain good fun.

"Angry"
Empress rules. :D

The pigs were so cute. I want one.

There were glimmers of what this could have been in the performances of Spall, Saunders, Williams and Bathurst, but the young toffs were way over the top (see Hugh Laurie, John Alderton or Ian Carmichael for how it should be done), and the soundtrack got bloody annoying.

The Empress was a looker though.

Echo above but the flapper was ace, the pig was great, the directing/editing awful and likewise music. But enjoyed it and will look forward to next. Didn't really approve of modern innuendos creeping into the work. You don't really rewrite a comedy genius like Wodehouse. See avatar. :)

It is on a tea time, they seem to have tried to make it child friendly with slapstick & OTT mugging & sound track. Not quite sure, seems a bit like The Goodies staging HHGTTG - I like both but they wouldn't do each other any favours. Eh?

.. waiting on someone saying it was rather 'bland' lolol

Truth be told, I can't comment, as I've not found the time to sit down and watch it yet!

All the best,
Cal :)

Watched this. Wasn't really to my taste. I felt it was very bland in places and well I suppose it passed 30 minutes away quite nicely but not enough to get me hooked to watched ep 2

I thought it was absolutely wonderful. Joyous and laugh-out-loud hilarious from start to funny. Fabulous script with equally top-drawer acting, particularly the pitch perfect Jack Farthing.

Seems to sit somewhere between "Worzel Gummidge" and "Mapp & Lucia".
Having said that, my entire family (youngest 8) sat and watched it together, enjoyed it up to a point, and will probably gather to watch it again next week.
Which is what telly used to be like.

"Blandings" what can I say , well it's okay as a comedy to pass away 30 minutes but by no means is it a classic?

Watched episode 1 and quite enjoyed it although I thought it was a bit too short really. The comedy 'BOING' at one point in the soundtrack almost made me want to heave a brick through the screen though.

Heartened by positive comments on ep 2 and at the end of the day hopefully the genius of Wodehouse will not be spoilt. On what I've seen so far I'd give it an optimistic 7/10.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 21 2013, 2:41 PM GMT

The comedy 'BOING' at one point in the soundtrack almost made me want to heave a brick through the screen though.

With you on that.
Last night had a very cartoony bit where the fop's hair 'twanged' up when he saw the girl FFS!
I don't know what they were thinking of - it was like something out of Austin Powers...

I liked that bit. :$