Looking for Writing Partner

Hi guys.

I am looking for a sitcom writing partner, only one, could be male or female, any age, but what is important is that we are compatible otherwise probably won't work.

Bit about me: pretty much into traditional comedy from the 70's/80's: Only Fools, Steptoe and Son, Dad's Army, Fawlty Towers ...

I do like some recent sitcoms: Royle Family, Hebburn and Cuckoo.

In my opinion what all these sitcoms have, especially the earlier ones are well crafted characters that everyone can relate to.

Therefore, someone interested in writing with me would have to be committed to spending a hell of a lot of time just on character work before we even begin looking at dialogue and plots. I do believe that well layered characters are the essence of all good sitcoms.
Anyway, I have been writing now for approx. 5 years, before that 6 years as a stand-up on the London circuit.
I am serious about ultimately writing comedy for a living. That's one of the reasons that have finally persuaded me to seek a writing partner - I suppose two heads are better than one! Also I am looking for an EXPERIENCED writer, someone who knows the theory behind sitcom writing and has wrote the minimum of a full 30 min episode; I also need someone who is motivated and serious about writing.

We would have to discuss logistics of this, but I always think it's better to meet up and thrash out ideas in person. Therefore, London/Surrey area would have to do for me, alternatively to meeting up every week could be working via e mail I suppose?

Well that's my spill. I reckon best way of seeing if we are compatible is by reading each other's stuff initially and then meeting up if we seem to have a lot in common.

Anyone interested please e mail me at philcarter1975@yahoo.co.uk don't thread on this website.

Many Thanks

Phil

You see so many people on here asking for writing partners that just say what they want and not what they offer. This is probably the best one I've seen that actually covers everything. Well done Phil C and good luck. This should be the standard template. ;)