David Attenborough

Just watching his new show Africa.
What a Giraffe fight that was.

Very interesting & wonderful stuff as usual.

I've only seen little bits, but I liked the lizard on the lion.

I'll have to find it on iPlayer to catch up
I only got in half way through

It was compelling stuff. I've been waiting for a while for them to do one on Africa because I think it's been too long since the last time. It's a nice full circle for it all.

Does David always start off his shows with "Winter..." because I'm pretty sure he does and we then go through the entire year? Great execution anyway.

The only thing that bothered me was that during the little stories they tried to tell, the footage they cut between was too obviously not part of what actually happened. Especially during the scene with the male Lions running and then cutting to the female lions hunting, as if it was part of the moment. Surely that misguides the viewer? Seeing as (I believe) females are the ones that actually hunt.

There was a lil too much attempt at setting up the scenes for laughs too, like we were watching a Pixar movie or something. We'd see an animal do something and another animal react as if it was for comic effect, which is fine, just odd to see!

One of the best things I've ever seen though was the show of all the animals around the lake drinking, and that shot of the elephant. It was awesome. Totally makes HD worth it.

Quote: zooo @ January 6 2013, 6:24 PM GMT

I liked the lizard on the lion.

Why do sentences like that still make me smile? :$

It was very good

See that wasp?

It dug down into the sand to unearth a spider, so it could kill it and lay it's eggs in it's body

But the spider wasn't having it and rolled itself into a ball and cartwheeled down the sand hill to get away

Mental

Didn't he run BBC2 for a bit? Google that for me, someone.

Those Carnivorous African Crickets will haunt my dreams for years!!

The way it was shot also made them look like huge Dinosaurs. Was brilliant! But if they turn out to be the size of a grain of Rice I will be disappointed! And less scared.

Quote: chipolata @ January 6 2013, 11:32 PM GMT

Says he ran Radio 1 but the rampant wildlife was too much for him so he left to roam jungles where there was less going on.

And who'd have thought - fighting girraffes and soft friendly rhinos. How did we get it so wrong.

Quote: chipolata @ January 6 2013, 11:32 PM GMT

Apparently he ran it in the sixties. I had to look it up myself because none of you f**kers would.