Steptoe And Son Page 3

The first episode, The Offer, originally a one-off pilot from the Comedy Playhouse series, has just started on BBC Four (9 on Freeview, 116 on Sky I think). They're going to be showing the entire first series over the next couple of weeks. :)

The first episode from the series proper, The Bird is on tonight at 11pm.

Here's a nerdish fact about Steptoe and Son that I'm sure Aaron will appreciate! Did you know that the episode 'Divided We Stand' when the house is
divided in two was directed by David Croft of Croft and Perry?

I didn't, no, but that is one of the best IMO, so I'm not entirely surprised!

My favourite episode is Pilgrims Progress. A classic sitcom, one of my favourites . I watch it and notice that it must have had a huge influence on John Sullivan as it is very much like 'Only Fools and Horses' For example the episode 'The Three Feathers' is very much like the Fools and Horses episode 'Cash and Curry'

Sullivan nicked a lot more than that from Steptoe!

Discovered Steptoe And Son last year when I bought the box set, the purchase of my life. I used to think Only Fools And Horses was the greatest sitcom ever, but it's not even close to Steptoe.

My box set has arrived. I'm really looking forward to it although I think it will take a few episodes before I'm really into it.

I have just sold Steptoe And Son on VHS because they're on my DVD recorder. I love it. They're not gonna bring it back.

Quote: Wwe222 333 @ December 28 2012, 6:41 PM GMT

I have just sold Steptoe And Son on VHS because they're on my DVD recorder.

I wonder who bought it from him.

Quote: Wwe222 333 @ December 28 2012, 6:41 PM GMT

They're not gonna bring it back.

?

They're not gonna bring Kall back, hopefully.

I was surprised seeing John Laurie in an S&Son episode. I didn't know he had appearances in other comedy shows before Dad's Army. I thought he was a "serious" actor who got involved with Dad's Army by accident.

Something odd about series six

It's in B&W

But about half way through it changes to colour

For one episode

Then goes back to B&W!

Weird

On the DVD?