The Two Ronnies Sketchbook

I used to love this show when it was originally on in 2005. I have noticed that from 2 - 4 Jan 2013. BBC One are repeating 3 episodes, but why are they only 30 minutes in length when the original shows were always 60 minutes. Editing as per usual.

I thought the resurrection wasn't 'til Easter??

I think I remember it Ronnie Corbett did a tribute on Ronnie Barker.

Quote: G180e @ December 29 2012, 6:57 PM GMT

I used to love this show when it was originally on in 2005. I have noticed that from 2 - 4 Jan 2013. BBC One are repeating 3 episodes, but why are they only 30 minutes in length when the original shows were always 60 minutes. Editing as per usual.

The 30 minute edits have been shown a number of times previously.

Quote: Aaron @ December 29 2012, 10:25 PM GMT

The 30 minute edits have been shown a number of times previously.

Yes I remember them being shown last December, but I just can't get why the BBC hardly show the original 60 minute versions.

Scheduling. They presumably think they can get a higher audience with an even more tightly edited highlights package, taking up less time in peoples' busy days.

Quote: Aaron @ December 31 2012, 10:43 AM GMT

Scheduling. They presumably think they can get a higher audience with an even more tightly edited highlights package, taking up less time in peoples' busy days.

Yes, probably. I do think GOLD should repeat these more often.

Really enjoyed watching this today. Brought back memories of watching first time round back in 2005.

I have immensely enjoyed watching these over the past three afternoons. Hopefully they'll be repeated more later in the year.

Didn't do anything for me when originally shown - most memorable was how poorly Mr Barker looked! Still, The Two Ronnies and Morecambe & Wise were the comedy soundtrack of my early childhood.

Christmas day wasn't complete if the family didn't gather around the telly for The Two Ronnies/Morecambe & Wise.

You must have had a few arguments in your house?

Nice to see some episodes repeated once again across BBC Four, Two and One at various times this week. Pity they are all shorter edited versions but always great to have a laugh with the Ronnies at Christmas.

I'm hardly woke - I've got narcolepsy! - but some of the sketches seem quite embarrassing now.