The Royle Family 2012 Special...

So, it's definitely going to happen this year, right?

Seems so long ago since "Joe's Crackers" ... but can't wait to stock up on a dose of Jim, Bar-be-ra and the couch crew this season. Sadly, no Twiggy or Mary anymore, but sure they can still produce the goods.

Link: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_royle_family/episodes/2012/1/

All the season's best,
Siv :)

Yes there was a promo on BBC One.

Superb!!!!

Will always wonder if Twiggy would have been on our screens in the last Christmas Special, if there wasn't a "balls up" with the script???

Also, can't recall seeing baby David much either??

Anyway, can't wait for this season's offerings - can't come to our screens quick enough!!!!

All the best,
Cal :)

The Christmas special Joe's Crackers was on Gold last night. Still funny and great to watch again.

It warmed me up nicely for this year's show.

.. wonder if they will still be sporting their 15 foot tree this year? lolol

All the best,
Siv :)

Haven't the last couple of these been poorly received? I thought The Queen of Sheba was decent enough, but the rest I can barely remember.

The last one was far better than the other previous efforts.

Watched The New Sofa last night, I'm gonna watch Joe's Crackers tomorrow.

Looking forward to this special. It does seem so long ago since Joe's Crackers. I do hope this 2012 special is ace because they've had 2 years to write it.

Haven't Joe and Cheryl left next door in this one? Also do they show Twiggy's funniest moments?

Very different, but I enjoyed it a lot, very funny.

Rene and Renata was great.

The odd funny line

But it was largely an absolute load of utter drivel

No more

Please!!

I gave it 15 minutes which was at least 10 too many. Dire. Shame the BBC don't destroy tapes like in the old days, or we might have been able to pretend it never happened.

Quote: Badge @ December 25 2012, 11:01 PM GMT

I gave it 15 minutes which was at least 10 too many. Dire. Shame the BBC don't destroy tapes like in the old days, or we might have been able to pretend it never happened.

Well it went really seriously downhill after the first 20 minutes. And when I say downhill, I mean it was heading straight for a brick wall.

You missed Jim Royle with a pony tail giving Joe a makeover.

No, really.

To quote Krusty after seeing 'Worker and Parasite' - WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT????!!!!!!