Limmy's Show! Page 5

Quote: Robert Sacamano @ December 3 2012, 8:19 PM GMT

The Falconhoof sketch in Episode 3.3 is four ways brilliant, one of the funniest sketches I've seen all year. Great show.

I could not agree more. There is genius at play in this show. I haven't laughed so openly, honestly and much at any comedy since The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer. I'm used to being heartily amused, and giggling, but the kind of bellyaching mirth I got whilst watching the aforementioned Falconhoof just hasn't been available to me for some time.

Time for me to go whence I came.

Quote: youngian @ December 3 2012, 11:37 AM GMT

According to the BBC listings the Scots are deprived of Never Mind the Buzzcocks as a result. How do they survive.

It's broadcast is put back an hour, but unfortunately we still get it . . .

I can't get over how good this series has been. With a delightful motif of disillusionment and disappointment running through many of the sketches.

Quote: Pip Bond @ December 22 2012, 4:07 PM GMT

I can't get over how good this series has been. With a delightful motif of disillusionment and disappointment running through many of the sketches.

are you Scots then, Pip? it looks like it... About to do an ad?

No, I'm not Scots :) Staffordshire born and bred. Can't help liking the Limmy though.

Quote: Pip Bond @ December 25 2012, 5:39 PM GMT

No, I'm not Scots :) Staffordshire born and bred.

Could get some dosh doing adverts, though. Wasn't it her basically getting lost in a maze?

Quote: Tim Azure @ December 26 2012, 9:04 AM GMT

Could get some dosh doing adverts, though. Wasn't it her basically getting lost in a maze?

Sorry, so dim am Ithat I only just realised you were referring to the old Scottish Widows ad. :)

This ain't no swanky black cloak, it's a dressing gown with a hood from Asda.

And to stay on topic, that therefore means that my dressing gown is called George, like Deedee's t-shirt in the kitchen sketch.

If you follow Limmy on Twitter you'll find he's just started writing a SitCom . . . literally . . . as in all he's written so far is "SitCom".

Quote: ScotiaNova @ December 28 2012, 9:00 PM GMT

If you follow Limmy on Twitter you'll find he's-

-on Twitter A LOT.

Limmy has given this up now, which is a real shame but I guess it had to end at some time. The show gave a refreshing change to most nonsense on TV as it had heart, edge and very clever writing; although my opinion on the show may be skewed by the fact I'm into strange humour, from Scotland, from Glasgow and from the specific part of Glasgow that Limmy is from. Nonetheless the show was still a real treat and served as a decent TV alternative in UK comedy.

What I would say however is that the show was a combination of three stronger parts, YouTube/his website + his webcam + his amazing podcast "Limmy's world of Glasgow", weakened down a bit. I would strongly advise if you are a fan of the character based comedy (i.e. Dee Dee etc.) in his show to listen to all of his work in the podcast series (it is on YouTube still). It is some of the most well crafted comedy I've heard in a very long time. Also if you are a fan of his more introspective stuff he still does occasional live webcams which can be very hit and miss (especially if you live outside of Glasgow) but still provide many laughs.

As someone else did mention he is writing a sitcom at the moment so hopefully that will be equally as good as his show.

I'm amazed this show hasn't been snapped up outside of sweaty sockland. Limmy has restored my faith in sketch shows 100%. I know people talk about the language thing, but really? By age 20 surely most people in england would have met a glaswegian? Same language FFS. I can imagine the meetings at BBC HQ playing his tapes to top brass and them being like "Yes he's a very animated chap isn't he, but can't understand a word he's saying, so our viewers won't either."
F**k UP! Is all I have to say to that. It's not the best thing I've seen but wipes it's arse all over most of the formulaic rubbish that gets commissioned on english telly. It's as dark in places as it is ridiculous and doesnt' rely on generic catch-all greetings card sketches that everyone will 'get'. Maybe the benefit of smaller networks like bbc scotland is that they can take more risks and not have to please such a wide audience so things like this can get made.
Out of interest, I got into limmy through friends sending me shit. ( his vines 1-300 on YT is one of the weirdest but laugh out loud and yet angst ridden half hours I have ever decided to watch repeatedly over and over). I heard he was an internet legend before he got his shows commisioned. How deedee (get it) start? YouTube vids? I know he has a website, but there is not a huge amount of content.

Cheers, love you all inappropriately.

wow, I just noticed the word f**k in last post got a couple of stars added to it?!?!
I wonder what happens when I say the word c**t?

interesting. The word c**t also gets two star added.

How about pissflaps?

Interesting. Curiouser and curiouser.

Felchnugget?

Spunkmuffler?

shit

The Christmas special was rubbish though

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 10th January 2014, 2:21 PM GMT

The Christmas special was rubbish though

It wasn't as LOL funny I agree. For me series Two seems to be the peak. Some brilliant stuff there.

Yes
Some of the other stuff was brilliant

What was that song he made up
Walking down the lonely road or something I can't remember.

And the Tina Turners were great